Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

when selling, do you remove mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 06:32 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: when selling, do you remove mods?

ORIGINAL: msulifter37

Ok, so I just got back from Ford. I had them look at my car for the second time to see why it keeps dying. Their answer? The car doesn't like cold michigan winters. Ok, fine.
That is so NOTfine. If there is another Ford dealer in your area, take it them and never go back to the first one. They don't have a clue. That is one of the dumbest things I've heard from a dealer service department. If the new service deptcannot find the problem, contact the regional office.

If it's the battery dying, there have been some complaints about that problem on the forum. See if you can search it out. It has been said that if you turn off the car with the radio on, then the amp continues to draw power and drain the battery. I know when I bought my car (used) from a dealer, they had to jump the car on the lot. However, I have never had a problem since (knocking on wood).
Old 02-16-2007, 07:04 PM
msulifter37
1st Gear Member

hey, well the reason I wanna sell it during the summer is because it would not make much sense to try and sell it to someone in the winter, when it doesnt work! Trust me, I do not wanna sell it at all. I love the car to death! But, I dont plan to move out of michigan very soon, and when I have to go to class in the morning and my car is dead, it is more than inconvenient, know what I mean? I just cannot believe that Ford has the ***** to tell me that there is nothing wrong with it. What am I supposed to do? Say "well, im not going to take this car back until you DO find something wrong"? Or, "hey man, just give me a new car at no cost"? This is my third car and Ive never had a problem like this. Its frustrating as all hell.

And just to let everyone know, I turn my radio off every time i turn the car off. And I do not have a system in my car. And according to ford, the alarm is not causing the problem.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:50 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

i have heard a lot of things but ..the car doesnt like michigan winters!!!???? thats the reasoning ???!!! id be intrested to get that one in writing and then send it to ford.....really man find another shop and get it fixed....its proabably something minor.....i mean cmon....thats the lamest thing i have ever heard about a diagnosis for a car problem....... and i thought i was phunny!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:09 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

i toook the mods off my truck and they gave me a better trade in value..
Old 02-17-2007, 01:35 AM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

yeah my cars are a little stiff in the cold but once it gets running my stang is fine...it been below 20 for like 3 days around here to so i'd have to co-sign on the battery and oil...also what gas are you putting in it??? i'd go 93 in general but if you're not then 93 for the winter will definitely help...
Old 02-17-2007, 02:41 AM
deutscherstang
I ♥ Acer

phunnyguy, your sig pic is STRETCHED
Old 02-17-2007, 09:58 AM
richp
1st Gear Member

Is that weird noise there only when your running the heat or A/C? I had to replace the blower on my last ford and the new one was starting to act up when I sold it and got the stang.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:05 AM
richp
1st Gear Member

How long have you had your stang? From my experience, factory batteries get weak after about 2yrs.
I wonder if your mods (CAI andtune) make it harder to start in cold weather. Have you tried flashing back to the stock program?
Old 02-17-2007, 11:06 AM
msulifter37
1st Gear Member

Do you really think that my intake and tune cold be a part of the problem? Ive had the car for almost two years now. Last winter was fine. I didnt have any problems with the car. And this is the fiirst winter with the cai and tune. I didnt really think that that was a problem.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:56 PM
richp
1st Gear Member

maybe..., somebody on your POS thread just said that from thier own experience. I was just taking a stab. I've got too many bills, so no mods for me anytime soon.

Quick Reply: when selling, do you remove mods?