Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ready for my first

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:55 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default ready for my first

hey i just made 600 dollars in the last 5 days and i wanna use it for mods...what should i do first..exhaust or intake or what...i want to make my car faster and make it look good to..will an exhaust or intake void the warranty..so please help me what to get and where i can get it...cause im new to car mods..thanks
Old 02-20-2007, 04:28 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

Default RE: ready for my first

first off i think you should get a new exhuast becuase of the restrictive stock muffler. if you wanna stay single then you have plenty of money for it. but if you want duals you might need to save a few more bucks so you could buy dual mufflers and either have a shop fabb up a h-pipe or x-pipe. if you want a little more flare to your car then i suggest getting a gt-take off rear bumper instead of cutting out the otherside but its up to you. after getting the exhuast done then you should get a tuner/cai combo. itll void your warranty tho but you can always reflash back to the stock tune when and if you need to take it in.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kidrobotzero

first off i think you should get a new exhuast becuase of the restrictive stock muffler. if you wanna stay single then you have plenty of money for it. but if you want duals you might need to save a few more bucks so you could buy dual mufflers and either have a shop fabb up a h-pipe or x-pipe. if you want a little more flare to your car then i suggest getting a gt-take off rear bumper instead of cutting out the otherside but its up to you. after getting the exhuast done then you should get a tuner/cai combo. itll void your warranty tho but you can always reflash back to the stock tune when and if you need to take it in.
To elaborate a little bit.

Dual exhaust kits can be had in the neighborhood of $300-$500 depending on which you choose. I'm sure GT take-offs are cheaper, but I'm not a fan of the sound. Set aside $75-$100 for installation.

H-pipe for sound. X-pipe for performance. I have neither. I'm using the cat-back system provided by magnaflow.

CAI/Xcal2 combo will set you back about $550, just depends on who you buy it from. It doesn't void your warranty unless it causes damage. Your Ford dealership will not refuse to service a faulty gas tank because you have a CAI. That's ridiculous.

If I remember correctly, the magnusson moss warranty act has all you need to know about the expressed and implied warranties on automobiles, RVs, etc.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:29 PM
goldenglory18
2nd Gear Member

Your Ford dealership will not refuse to service a faulty gas tank because you have a CAI. That's ridiculous.
^^+1^^
the first thing you should do performance wise is get a new muffler.
the MRT aero turbine has been showing the best gains, and is the most suggested axle back muffler in the forums.
if you want to go duals remember, you wont gain anything except for better tone and the ability to sleep better at night.

the next thing most of us have been doing is getting a CAI / SCT tuner combo.
Tuneable Inductions has a great product, and has been offering some sweet deals.

just spend some time and look around in the 4.0 v6 forum and you will find tons of great ideas for your pony.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:32 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldenglory18
if you want to go duals remember, you wont gain anything except for better tone and the ability to sleep better at night.
Not for myneighbors!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

ok ive decided to go with an exhaust..whats the best one that doesnt sound rice..and adds hp...also around how much is it for the single exhaust...and will an exhaust void the warranty..
Old 02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

I would say get a Gt take off muffler and a Intake and tuner package, I think Justin at www.vmptuning.com has a kit that includes a Gt takeoff muffler, intake, and x-cal for like 650 or something around there and has claims for 20-30hp or something like that just contact him.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Double post, LOL!Defintely go with the Gt takeoff muffler and intake and tuner!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:59 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yomofoitzjay

ok ive decided to go with an exhaust..whats the best one that does sound rice..and adds hp...also around how much is it for the single exhaust...and will an exhaust void the warranty..
I hope you meant "doesn't sound rice" or "does sound nice."

Otherwise www.hondaforums.com
Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

lol i meant doesnt sound rice...sorry..also i wanna go with a single exhaust..so which one is the best buy ..

Quick Reply: ready for my first