Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:06 AM
v6 muscle
1st Gear Member

Default exhaust

i wanted a loud exhaust system that would add some hp also maybe something that rumbles and backfires when i downshift idk... any suggestions
Old 03-01-2007, 02:10 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: exhaust

dual magnaflows.....loud but not too loud and loud enough enough with your foot in it.....if you got a manual you can get the back end pop you speak off in 1st and 2nd gear.....
Old 03-01-2007, 02:13 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

you have tons of options...but first, are you planning on going single or dual?
Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

do the mags drone? I hear they do and thats why i'm straying away from even though they are 120 bux cheap then any other exhasut
Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 AM
v6 muscle
1st Gear Member

ill definitly go dual
Old 03-01-2007, 02:39 AM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

go flowmaster if your going duals. that what i have. you wont regret it and it offers the best sound in my opinion.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:42 AM
justiniida
1st Gear Member

Sound - Magnaflows. In my opinion, Flowmasters give the mustang a loud noise that just disturbing (in a good way). The Magnaflows are known for the performance and it has a great deep sound. When idling, its not that loud, but when you rev it up, they sound so great you will never regret doing it. Either way, Magnaflow or Flowmasters, there both great.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:44 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Definately go with Flowmaster duals.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:52 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

i dont find my flows droney at all....distinctly mustang.......the small gains are nice too....as i have a stock motor......all in all the best thing i could have done.....i was gonna go single, but for the money dual was a better value and it looks good too....i could have gone louder....but mine is a daily driver and while they are they are not obnoxious.....i like obnoxious loud, just not on a daily driver.....and as for how loud or deep, well lets just say i get a kick out of setting off car alarms not just in garages but on the street too...[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 03-01-2007, 04:08 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

I'd go with the Flowmasters. They do drone at bit (I've just got a single Flowmaster AT, but I find it drones around 1200 RPM then again at 2200 or 2400 RPM-ish), but it's nothing bothersome. And the noise the Flowmaster makes is very rumbly and fits the musclecar look perfectly. I've also heard people say Borla's are really good for the musclecar sound.

Magnaflows sound kind of marshmallowy in my opinion, just too soft and not enough bark to them. They might improve the sound of your car a little, but I think they're mostly just for old people whose ears hurt from too much rock 'n roll music back in the old days.

If you want to make some noise (and not just any noise, but noise that actually fits the look of your car), go with the Flowmaster (or duals, if you will.) And the rolled chrome tips look pretty good too.

Quick Reply: exhaust