Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED STALLING???

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
bgamble1

Default HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED STALLING???

My '05 Ford Mustang has had intermittent stalling issues and I was wondering if anyone else has had their pony stall on them. My car will run, stall for a few seconds then kick back in and keep driving. One time my check engine light came on after the stall. Dealership said a loose hose but I still had a stall happen after that "repair".

I'm aware of the hesitation in the tranny but that is not what I'm experiencing. It flat out dies as if you turned the key off while driving then it kicks back on and continues to go.

I would like to find anyone with this problem and get dates of manufacturing. Please help

Thanks,

Brian G.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED STALLING???

ive only experienced the shift shock after flooring it, but i guess thats not the same thing...lol

maybe check the electric plugs underneath the hood......no electricity = no go
Old 03-06-2007, 02:35 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bgamble1

My '05 Ford Mustang has had intermittent stalling issues and I was wondering if anyone else has had their pony stall on them. My car will run, stall for a few seconds then kick back in and keep driving. One time my check engine light came on after the stall. Dealership said a loose hose but I still had a stall happen after that "repair".

I'm aware of the hesitation in the tranny but that is not what I'm experiencing. It flat out dies as if you turned the key off while driving then it kicks back on and continues to go.

I would like to find anyone with this problem and get dates of manufacturing. Please help

Thanks,

Brian G.
Hi Brian,

Not sure if it is related, but it could be:

I have another post out there regarding intermittant bogging down under acceleration after cruising at a set speed for a while (slow or fast) and bogging from a dead stop. The engine almost flat-out dies for a few seconds then roars back to life.

Talk to your Ford service guy and reference Tech Service Bulletin, TSB 06-09-09. There is a new model FUEL PUMP available. The old design allows air bubbles to collect near the fuel line inlet. You slow down, then try to accelerate and the bubbles get sucked into your fuel line!

The new pump worked for me and I have a 2006, if you have a 2005 then you probably have the old design pump and filter.

Hope this helps.

SOHC
Old 03-06-2007, 02:46 PM
SilversurferV6
2nd Gear Member

Yeah SOhcman is right it has happened to me in those conditions
Old 03-06-2007, 03:29 PM
tedBalog
2nd Gear Member

Take some other factors into consideration. When you stall, do your electronics turn off? It sounds to me like you're either having a loss of electricity or fuel. If your electronics turn off you know it's got to do with the electrical system.

Did you get that CEL checked?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

i have stalled b4 after really getting on it, didnt know you coudl stall an auto like that ;P
Old 03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

Mine only stalls if I really goof up with the clutch.

That's probably not what you wanted to hear. [Insert shrug smiley]
Old 03-06-2007, 07:47 PM
JWpony07
1st Gear Member

I experience a somewhat similar problem in my auto 07. I'll be doing 50-60 behind some traffic, and a lane will open up. Once I hit the gas to go faster, sometimes the car will decide to actually go faster a few moments later. Not stalling by any means though.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like the HESITATION ON ACCELERATION AFTER LONG CRUISE tsb problem.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:19 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

JWpony07---My 05 does that alot.On mine its the VERY slow transmission kickdown,can be dangerous.I have noticed that if overdrive is locked out it doesnt seem to be as bad.What we really need is a tune.

Quick Reply: HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED STALLING???