Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X-Charger #20 Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:31 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger #20 Dyno Results

I appologize if I came of as a winey brat!!! Like I've said, I'm new to this stuff, I've just jumped into the modding thing a lot sooner than I thought I would. I'm still learning!!! I know that my numbers are good, but I'm starting to get greedy. I want to get to 300/300 with the X!!! I think it's definitely do-able. I was just questioning why my HP wasn't higher (once again, I need to work on my wording!!!). I need to remember that a lot more goes into making these thing run optimally than I realize. I was expecting to see something in the 270-280hp range maybe, and the torque was higher than what I was thinking! I was expecting mid-high 280, not low-mid 290!!!

Some of the guys that had taken rides in my car thought I'd be up around 300/300, so I guess I kinda got my hopes up. I'm realizing now that the tunes are very safe and are basic tunes for the kit. Doug emailed me new ones that will hopefully flatten out the AF curve and maybe even free up some power. I'll find out soon enough.

And just for the record, in no way am I complaining!!! I love this thing!!!!
Old 03-17-2007, 04:38 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

ah marty thanks . but i diserved it. you all know how i feal about street racing and going fast on the street. some still think that the size of the man is how fast he goes. after he has lost a few friends to people driving at high rates of speed like me. he will change his tune. for now im just glad hes on the other end of the country. so my kids are safe for now. people forget when we were kids and did stupid things . we had the benifit of less cars on the road and people that could atleast understand the traffic laws oh and had to take the driving test in english. not to sound like a racist but heck when i was in south africa driving on the wrong side of the road for 3 months that was enought for me i was on my top game. funny thing was, it was harder coming back. kids think they know it all they have cd,mp,xm,cell phones all this crap distracts them but they can handle it. yea right. i love when people tell me i speed. at 46 and driving sinc i was 15 and most of that was on the road as a tech from job to job. and now spending at least 3 hours a day in the car in la traffic. race bikes,speed boats, forklifts, reachlift fork lifts, cars, trucks, motorhomes and a few tracktors. i think i have done my share of driving.
I am 23 and I speed often but I agree 100% with everything you just said. And you aren't being a racist. How can the test be in another language when all the signs in the country are in English? Don't make sense. But we won't go there as not to offend anybody. All in all you are def right! Nuff said. and Ilduce once you start you can't stop right? haha when you get to 300/300 you might want 350. haha good luck man and great numbers. can't wait til lmy 6 can post sum numbers like that
Old 03-17-2007, 04:44 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

no prob venom my point was just that we now print everything at least here in cali in a few langages. being of spanish and italian decent. when my parents came here they learned the langages. but thats a whole other subject
Old 03-18-2007, 01:50 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Smaller pulley on the hipo, larger on the Cali. 2.8" vs 3"
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Your TQ is high, isn't that reason enough for hipo and larger pulley.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:52 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

What happened to the rest of this thread? Did the mods clean it up? All the good stuff is gone!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:05 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: beaustang

What happened to the rest of this thread? Did the mods clean it up? All the good stuff is gone!
It was time for some SPRING CLEANING! [sm=tongue.gif]
Old 03-18-2007, 02:57 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

ORIGINAL: beaustang

It was time for some SPRING CLEANING! [sm=tongue.gif]
When all said and done, I really love my X-Charger!!!! By the way ilduce321, excellent #'s on the dyno.......I find with my CA spec X-Charger I am really quite happy with it's performance......it is a really nice streetable machine.............since it is Spring coming up 28HopUp are you offering to wash my ride.........clay bar/wax?[sm=roll.gif]