Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Mustang Owner here. Question about dualing out the exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:19 PM
05 Bad V6

Default New Mustang Owner here. Question about dualing out the exhaust

Hi -

Got a really sweet deal on a certified pre-owned 05 Mustang V6 Premium last week - White with charcoal leather interior, manual tranny, abs, side airbags, etc.

How many of you have dualed out the exhaust on your V6's and is there enough back pressure to make it beneficial power wise??

Old 03-17-2007, 01:26 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Mustang Owner here. Question about dualing out the exhaust

No benefit with power.. that is.. you can achieve the same gains with a good flowing single muffler. Duals are really just an appearance/sound mod at this point. Having said that.. you can get a pair of GT-Takeoff mufflers for around $80 online..
Old 03-17-2007, 01:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I'd stick with a single axle back, that combined with a good tune and CAI will put a **** eating grin on your face.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:10 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

I'd go with duals. They look better and you don't lose hardly any low end torque as opposed to a single with a high flow muffler.
The tiny low end torque loss can be compensated for with a good tune and you gain over a single setup on the high end revs /HP at WOT.
IMO, all Mustangs should come with duals from the factory.
Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:24 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

i have to agree with wolf , i myself like the duals on the rear. i did my about a year and a half ago. it sounds and looks great in m opinion. now that being said if you want a sleeper and will be doing fi later you may want to keep the single and go as todd says he is after all on of the faster cars out there. its all what is your budjet looks and style. for under a grand you can get a tuner cold air kit and duals

Old 03-17-2007, 04:36 PM
05 Bad V6

ORIGINAL: afixer

i have to agree with wolf , i myself like the duals on the rear. i did my about a year and a half ago. it sounds and looks great in m opinion. now that being said if you want a sleeper and will be doing fi later you may want to keep the single and go as todd says he is after all on of the faster cars out there. its all what is your budjet looks and style. for under a grand you can get a tuner cold air kit and duals

Is that a GT Bumper or did they do a cut out for that left exhaust??
Old 03-17-2007, 05:19 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

I have the pypes dual exhaust with an x pipe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBOqXOdinRw

Old 03-17-2007, 05:42 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

That is a cut out! Looks very clean,huh?

ORIGINAL: 05 Bad V6

Is that a GT Bumper or did they do a cut out for that left exhaust??
Old 03-17-2007, 06:59 PM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

Tom, you're gonna help me install my GT duals, right?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:06 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

sure why not i did the cut out for playboy a couple of weeks ago when we did the supercharger installs at my house. as far as the pipes go we need a rack . i still think allied muffler in lakewood is a good place . his name is bob. its on lakewood blvd. still waiting to hear if the install went ok for playboy

Quick Reply: New Mustang Owner here. Question about dualing out the exhaust