Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SUV's are funny

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 03:38 AM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

Default SUV's are funny

it's in the middle of the night. i'mon my way home from my gf's house. i'm halfway home and i'm just cruising down the street andthe fordexplorer next to me starts to inch closer and then begins to honk. i'm like 'what the hell!?...' he honks again and i think 'is this guy looking for a race?'i don't street race, those days are over for me,i just ignore him and keep my vision foreward. he honks a third time and pulls up more so i can see him through my front windshield. i roll down and i'm like 'what!?' and he flashes me a thumbs up and a 'niiiiice mustang, duuuude!!!' and i'm like omg hahaha. anyways anything like that happen to any of you guys?
Old 03-18-2007, 04:10 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SUV's are funny

haha yea I get it alot. Especially when I first bought the car since the mustang was only out a week. i was getting thumbs up everywhere. the best thing is when little kids just stare at the car like WOW lol pretty kool feeling. now i mostly get nice mustang because of all the mods and what not, anyway u look at it you wont see people doin that to no ricer haha
Old 03-18-2007, 08:41 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

At least he didnt flip you off instead because you had the nicer vehicle haha. Explorers are nice though, my sister just bought one and its very plush.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:21 AM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaded seconds

it's in the middle of the night. i'mon my way home from my gf's house. i'm halfway home and i'm just cruising down the street andthe fordexplorer next to me starts to inch closer and then begins to honk. i'm like 'what the hell!?...' he honks again and i think 'is this guy looking for a race?'i don't street race, those days are over for me,i just ignore him and keep my vision foreward. he honks a third time and pulls up more so i can see him through my front windshield. i roll down and i'm like 'what!?' and he flashes me a thumbs up and a 'niiiiice mustang, duuuude!!!' and i'm like omg hahaha. anyways anything like that happen to any of you guys?
I had it happend with an SUV as well, hot day, going down the road and the car next to me starts raising its death metal crap higher and higher so I roll up my windows and decide i'm gonna punch it to the next light, I do, to my surprise he punches it aswell, I pull two car lengths ahead and let off for the red with plenty of time to slow down before the line, I roll my windows back down and the guy turns his music off and yells "Man! I ain't going to F$%^ with that again!" I wasjust laughing at the irony in which I took it and gave him a thumbs up.

-PB
Old 03-19-2007, 06:44 AM
nascarjunkie1
2nd Gear Member

Happens to me all the time, almost daily
Old 03-19-2007, 11:00 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6VenoM

haha yea I get it alot. Especially when I first bought the car since the mustang was only out a week. i was getting thumbs up everywhere. the best thing is when little kids just stare at the car like WOW lol pretty kool feeling. now i mostly get nice mustang because of all the mods and what not, anyway u look at it you wont see people doin that to no ricer haha
I'll have to agree, I hardly ever stop without a "thumbs up" or "nice ride". Even people who you can tell don't know cars stop and look. And mine is stock!

But the best compliments are from little kids, because you know they mean it.

A month after I got my 06, I was at the gas station and this kid rides up on his bike. He stops and checks out the car. "Nice car Mister!"

I say "thanks" and off he rides.

Imagine, me, a "Mister"!

I felt old. Happy, but old.

SOHC

Old 03-19-2007, 01:47 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

always get people staring but rarely anyone says something o rthumbs up sometimes they do but then again this is orange county everyone has a stick up their ***
Old 03-19-2007, 06:52 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

I had this dude pull up to me in a Toyota Solara on S.R 50 (East Colonial for those who live in or near orlando) and he was like "Nice car man! Is it stock?!" hahaha... I just said "Thanks" and replied "no" that it wasn't stock and he shaked his head and just said "that's a nice car..." lol
I love getting compliments like that it makes me feel happy..
The best one I got was from a guy driving an '04 Saleen.. I was driving next to him buta little bit behind and he looks in his mirror then sticks his head out the window along with his thumb a second or two later and gave me a thumbs up and a smile! He was in an '04 saleen guys! I was soooo happy like this --->