Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 06:20 AM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

Default Remote Start

My birthday is coming up and after serving a freezing philadelphia winter, and probobly a dreadful hott philadelphia/new jersey summer, i want my engine running with cool or hott air as soon as i get in. I am looking for a remote start for the birthday, and I dont know which one to get. I have notice that most of them come with alarms and another remote and i just dont need that. I wanna keep my alarm and i dont need to remotes.....any suggestions?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:25 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Remote Start

You could also get the OEM Ford Remote Starter. I was checking into it for myself.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:43 PM
wolfstang

Went to Circuit Cityand had mine done, they put a Python remote start with no alarm and it works great
Old 03-18-2007, 01:21 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

i myself have a CodeAlarm remote start. just the starter, i still have the factory alarm, downside is I have another remote, unless you go OEM, just about everything is gonna have a second remote.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:32 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

I have a remote start standard with mine...my mom! LOL. I guess it helps when you are an only child that is still in high school!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:45 AM
PonyUp
1st Gear Member

I have the Python system also, full alarm with the auto start. I love it, but only problem was I had to give up my spare key because of the chip.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:49 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdlesk

You could also get the OEM Ford Remote Starter. I was checking into it for myself.
Ya, I was thinking about that too.

Since its Ford, I wonder if they use the same remote or if you need ANOTHER remote? Got too many remotes as it is!

BTW: mdlesk, did you get your pony fixed? Light pole if I remember correctly? I cringed when I read that, slow speed accidents FEEL worse 'cuz you see it coming!

SOHC
Old 03-19-2007, 05:01 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

I have a remote start standard with mine...my mom! LOL. I guess it helps when you are an only child that is still in high school!
So I'm assuming the clutch can be bypassed pretty easily?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The_Third

Remote starters can only be used on cars with automatics (from what I've heard).

Since you engage the clutch when you park the car, a remote starter would make it a, well, remote control. Probably only would use it once as your Mustang drove through the garage door.

See the video out there were the 14 yr old starts Dad's GT500 and drives it through the garage because it is in gear and he doesn't let out the clutch when starting it!

Ford's flyer says "automatic equiped vehicles only" or something like that.

SOHC
Old 03-20-2007, 02:02 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCman

ORIGINAL: The_Third

Remote starters can only be used on cars with automatics.

Since you engage the clutch when you park the car, a remote starter would make it a, well, remove control. Probably only would use it once as your Mustang drove through the garage door.

See the video out there were the 14 yr old starts Dad's GT500 and drives it through the garage because it is in gear and he doesn't let out the clutch when starting it!

Ford's flyer says "automatic equiped vehicles only" or something like that.

SOHC
I know many people with remote start in manual cars. Also jerseystang07 says he has one standard in his, and his sig says he has a manual.

Edit: nevermind, I'm pretty sure I completely read his post wrong haha. But I still know people with remote start in manual cars!

Quick Reply: Remote Start