Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New V6 owner (well i will be in 3 weeks)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 08:14 PM
glasstripod

Default New V6 owner (well i will be in 3 weeks)

Just thought i would say hi to everyone on here as a new guy... so HI..
Looking at buying anew V6 coupe in a few weeks time, so is there any advice i can get about the V6?
Any problems i should be aware of? as im looking to use this a day to day car
Iknow the V8 has more power and a quicker 0-60 but thats not a big deal to me, ive done the hot hatch thing and have mellowed in my old age so now i just fancy a nice rumbling sound and some heads turning my way.
I know there used to be a big deal about the V6v'sV8, and i have a friend with the '03 V8GT, he says the V6 he owned before his current was a disappointment but then they both are before the new models came out.
So am I doing the right thing buying a new V6? or should I wait and get the V8?

Old 03-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Mercury83
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New V6 owner (well i will be in 3 weeks)

if you don't absolutely need the extra power the v8 offers, then the v6 is an excellent choice. its got plenty of "quick", especially for the money. i owned an 03 v6, and i don't know about anybody else, but to me there is a pretty substantial difference in power between the two. in my opinion, the pony package on the v6 is a MUST (improved suspension, bigger wheels, fog lamps). it really sharpens up an already beautiful autombile. just my .02. have fun!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:30 PM
glasstripod

Thanks mate,
Im hearing more good things by the minute,so looks like the purchase will be taking place.
This is my first American Car so want to be sure im doing the rite thing before handing over the £££
Old 03-18-2007, 08:56 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Both are great cars. The V6 is a quick car, and with a CAI, tune and axle back muffler, you will be amazed its the same car.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:26 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Hi, welcome to the forum.
There is one issue that Ford is about to address via a TSB on all late model coupes.
If you are purchasing a convertable you won't be affected by this issue as they don't have this problem due to the addition of a subframe cross member that the coupes unfortunatley don't have.
Here is the link.
I'd suggest starting on page one then work forwardfrom there. Lots to read but if you want to skip you should jump to page 8 where the discoveries and correct solutions are being discussed.
https://mustangforums.com/m_2297319/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Title is "2007 Front Suspension Thunking Noise".

Please don't let this discourage you in any way. The stangs are great cars and this is the only problem I have found with my 07 coupe that needs to be corrected.
As far as I knowlots of05's to 07's have this problem.
Earlier models do too but I am not really concerned with that and evidently Ford isn't either. Some issueshave been corrected while others have not been.

Good luck with your new purchase!
Wolfey2k
Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

here is some reading for you its all the current tsb from the ford web site. for the 07 all the way back to the 05 . all are fixable the actually have a new one regarding the stering wheel and deck lid. 2hop let me now which one you need i cant remember which one i have given you already. i just look them up. dont be scared they are all fixable and the clunk has been around since 05 its not a big deal as some make it but is to some. btw the blue is not a link [align=center]

Technical Service Bulletins
2007 MUSTANG - US (English)
07-6-7 SPOILER/DECK LID CONTACT 07-5-13 DISCHARGED BATTERIES - VEHICLES IN STORAGE/LIMITED USAGE 07-5-8 BATTERY SERVICE - OPERATION OF BATTERY EYE - CHARGING SERVICE TIPS 07-4-3 LEATHER-WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - LEATHER COMING LOOSE 07-1-7 MERCON® ATF REPLACED BY MERCON® V AS A SERVICE FLUID FOR SOME POWER STEERING SYSTEMS 06-26-2 CARPET REMOVE AND REPLACE 06-26-1 MERCON ATF IS BEING REPLACED BY MERCON V AS A SERVICE FLUID FOR SOME MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS 06-25-15 ALUMINUM BODY PANELS - CORROSION - SERVICE TIP 06-25-3 PIONEER NAVIGATION RADIO - SEEK FUNCTION INOPERATIVE - SERVICE TIP 06-22-18 POWER WINDOW DIAGNOSIS 06-22-16 CONVERTIBLE TOP WEAR - BUILT BEFORE 10/11/2006 06-21-19 HEATER CORE LEAKAGE AND ELECTROLYSIS (INFORMATION ONLY) 06-21-7 AUDIO / NAVIGATION SERVICE AND ORDERING PROCEDURES 06-19-2 8.8 LIMITED SLIP AXLE MOAN/GROAN NOISE DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANEUVERS 06-17-8 SERVICE WIRING HARNESS REPLACEMENT GUIDELINES - SERVICE TIPS ________________
TSBs found:15 [/align] [align=center] Technical Service Bulletins
2006 MUSTANG - US (English)
07-5-13 DISCHARGED BATTERIES - VEHICLES IN STORAGE/LIMITED USAGE 07-5-8 BATTERY SERVICE - OPERATION OF BATTERY EYE - CHARGING SERVICE TIPS 07-4-3 LEATHER-WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL - LEATHER COMING LOOSE 07-3-9 MIL ON - DTC P0456 07-1-7 MERCON® ATF REPLACED BY MERCON® V AS A SERVICE FLUID FOR SOME POWER STEERING SYSTEMS 06-26-2 CARPET REMOVE AND REPLACE 06-26-1 MERCON ATF IS BEING REPLACED BY MERCON V AS A SERVICE FLUID FOR SOME MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS 06-25-15 ALUMINUM BODY PANELS - CORROSION - SERVICE TIP 06-22-18 POWER WINDOW DIAGNOSIS 06-22-16 CONVERTIBLE TOP WEAR - BUILT BEFORE 10/11/2006 06-21-19 HEATER CORE LEAKAGE AND ELECTROLYSIS (INFORMATION ONLY) 06-21-7 AUDIO / NAVIGATION SERVICE AND ORDERING PROCEDURES 06-19-12 DTC P0340/P0344/P0345/P0349 - 4.6L 3V AND 5.4L 3V 06-19-2 8.8 LIMITED SLIP AXLE MOAN/GROAN NOISE DURING LOW SPEED TURNING MANEUVERS 06-18-16 IDENTIFYING THE CORRECT REPLACEMENT HEAD GASKET FOR CERTAIN REMANUFACTURED ENGINES - SERVICE TIP 06-17-8 SERVICE WIRING HARNESS REPLACEMENT GUIDELINES - SERVICE TIPS 06-15-8 KEYPAD DIAGNOSTICS - DEALER INSTALLED ACCESSORY 06-14-3 AIR CONDITIONER COMPRESSOR CLUTCH FAILURE - REVISED COMPRESSOR CLUTCH 06-10-13 MIL P0463 OR ERRATIC FUEL GAUGE 06-10-5 5R55S - TRANSMISSION FLUID LEAK 06-9-11 LOUD TICKING NOISE - 3-VALVE ENGINES - STUCK LASH ADJUSTER 06-9-9 HESITATION ON ACCELERATION AFTER LONG CRUISE [URL=http://www.fo
Old 03-18-2007, 11:09 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

here is some reading for you its all the current tsb from the ford web site. for the 07 all the way back to the 05 . all are fixable the actually have a new one regarding the stering wheel and deck lid. 2hop let me now which one you need i cant remember which one i have given you already. i just look them up. dont be scared they are all fixable and the clunk has been around since 05 its not a big deal as some make it but is to some. btw the blue is not a link
Hey Afixer,

I think you scared ME!

And I already have a pony!

Hi Glasstripod!

I've had my V6 almost a year now and have almost 38,000 miles on her.

I've never been disappointed withmy choice(and I've had plentyof cars).

The first upgrade I'd suggest if you will drive in bad weather (no comments about the weather on your side of the Pond ) would be a limited slip axle (T-LOC).

Mine goes in on Tuesday. We live on a dirt road in the country. MUD season is here (once the last foot of snow melts).

Be waiting to see photos of your new baby when you get it!

Welcome aboard!

SOHC
Old 03-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Sublimey
1st Gear Member

You are gonna Love your new car. I have (and have had) several v8's. This is not your average sixer it is very spunky and handles suprisingly well. Drive it bone stock for a while -then add a nice CAI and Custom tune and your choice of exhaust...it will turn into a totally different car.

Just added my TI CAI and tune by B a M a this weekend and took it to our local cruise. We turned lots of heads and surprised alot of people. Finally collected some V6 repect... You are going to be very happy with your new car.

Welcome aboard...Post pics when you get some.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:22 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yea i know but this is nothing. they are all fixable and what do you expect its a new model hey i have an 05 have with 27k on it 10 k with the x-charger i have had it on the dyno a few time at the track and had most of the tsbs done and i still love the car. i usually upload these but havent really had the time lately between work on rush hour 3 and the 1400 sq ft remodle i am doing on my house time is at a premium but i still try to pop in from time to time. like i said i have all of these tsb's in pdf format all one needs to do is ask and ill email it to ya
Old 03-19-2007, 12:45 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I don't think you will be disappointed. I bought my '07 back in Dec. and so far only a gas fill issue.

Quick Reply: New V6 owner (well i will be in 3 weeks)