Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shhh don't tell the GT guys!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 06:02 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Shhh don't tell the GT guys!

ORIGINAL: BeachStang04

But you will still own a v6
And proud of it!!!!

Old 03-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kidrobotzero

heyy paleoc what numbers are you putting down with your paxton? btw your car looks real good...is the cs6 tranformation done yet?
Don't have the car yet (still at the builder) so it hasn't been dyno'd.The final parts (brakes, stripes) are being installed. Also Paxton shipped the wrong tuner (sent a V8 one rather than the V6 one) so they have to send the right one. All these items should be done within the next1-2 weeks. From there, the builder is going to run it on his track (2.1 mile course). He already ran it when it was bone stock. Then I promised the dealer I bought it from that he could display it for a week (I got a great deal on the car $250 under invoice). Then it has to be shipped from Nebraskato Virginia. So we are probably looking at 4 weeks before I get my hands on it.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BeachStang04

But you will still own a v6
And your point would be...What?
Old 03-21-2007, 06:04 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

wow i couldnt handle the wait. id atleast try to get 1 run in at your builders course after he does.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kidrobotzero

wow i couldnt handle the wait. id atleast try to get 1 run in at your builders course after he does.
That was my original plan but a new job and a fall on the ice resulting in a broken hip put the bite on my plan.

Here is a link to the video of the stock car on the track. Actually did surprisingly well.
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...2006-03639.flv

Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

omgi would love to drive on atrack like that.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:39 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Paleoc

Don't have the car yet (still at the builder) so it hasn't been dyno'd.The final parts (brakes, stripes) are being installed. Also Paxton shipped the wrong tuner (sent a V8 one rather than the V6 one) so they have to send the right one. All these items should be done within the next1-2 weeks. From there, the builder is going to run it on his track (2.1 mile course). He already ran it when it was bone stock. Then I promised the dealer I bought it from that he could display it for a week (I got a great deal on the car $250 under invoice). Then it has to be shipped from Nebraskato Virginia. So we are probably looking at 4 weeks before I get my hands on it.
Paleoc--
Where are you from? I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. Did you buy the car from a dealer here? Or is it being built here? From your post, I couldn't figure out whether or not you're in Virginia or Nebraska.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

I am in Virginia. The car was purchased in Kenesaw, Nebraska and is being built in Hastings, Nebraska. Not only was the car cheaper than anything I could have bought locally, but labor is something like 1/3 the cost per hour.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:04 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Wow! Your car is being built out in the middle of nowhere! Yes, labor would definitely be cheaper... out there, they probably would have just traded you their work for a color tv! Just kidding..

That's about 3 hours west of Omaha, and I only know of dirt oval tracks out there. There is a 2.2 mile road course about 30 minutes south of Omaha called MidAmerica Motorplex. Is that where they'll test it?

Since I'm so close, and you'll probably need an unbiased driver....
Old 03-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Mercury83
2nd Gear Member

Paleoc,

how much will this transformation cost you total, with parts, paint, and labor included? i have been considering doing the take-off gt bumpers route, and while they cs6 transformation would be MUCH more expensive, it might just be worth it to start saving up and look to do this a few years down the road.

Quick Reply: Shhh don't tell the GT guys!