Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what do i have to do to chirp between shifts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 07:55 PM
kidrobotzero
1st Gear Member

Default what do i have to do to chirp between shifts?

i recently got my evo tunes and c&l and im really liking the new response from the new tunes. now i just had a question to maximize its potential...
what settings do you guys recommend i do to the settings of the xcal2 to chirp between shifts. ive seen videos ofautos thatchirp between gears but that was on the track at wotandi havent gone wot yet so maybe thats what i gotta do. also how many more mph should i add to each gear. hopefully im making some sense. thanks
Old 03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what do i have to do to chirp between shifts?

Mine chirps in second sometimes.. If it's even a little damp outside it will swing to the right into third.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Mine chirps in second and third(before the LCA it even chirped into fourth gear)....its all in the tune. Alternative Auto #1. Try increasing the shift pressure settings, leave the miles/gear setting alone for now...that wont help in the chirp department.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:47 PM
illegal1984
1st Gear Member

mine have always chirped...gotta luv mani(s)...
Old 03-21-2007, 11:08 PM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

Manual you can chirp up to 3rd gear. All you have to do is floor thepedal between gears and drop the clutch.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: kidrobotzero

i recently got my evo tunes and c&l and im really liking the new response from the new tunes. now i just had a question to maximize its potential...
what settings do you guys recommend i do to the settings of the xcal2 to chirp between shifts. ive seen videos ofautos thatchirp between gears but that was on the track at wotandi havent gone wot yet so maybe thats what i gotta do. also how many more mph should i add to each gear. hopefully im making some sense. thanks
When I had the C&L on the 4.0L/auto vert with the 93 Xtreme Evolution tune, I bumped up the shift pressures to 25 when I was at the track. I reset them to the regular pressures before I left the track (I don't remember the number). So if you bump them up, I wouldn't recommend keeping them there on the street.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:25 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yea manuals are fun. When I was showing my cusion the procharger last Nov. I laid a nice thin patch in third! I would'nt classify it as a chirplol He was like "holy **** was that in 3rd" I shocked my self!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:58 AM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

You definitely have to go WOT. No car is going to chirp an auto without going WOT.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:02 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sw07gt

You definitely have to go WOT. No car is going to chirp an auto without going WOT.
Your wrong there....mine chirps second at part throtle also.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:09 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puerto Rico 4.6

ORIGINAL: sw07gt

what settings do you guys recommend i do to the settings of the xcal2 to chirp between shifts. ive seen videos of autos that chirp between gears but that was on the track at wot and i havent gone wot yet so maybe thats what i gotta do. also how many more mph should i add to each gear. hopefully im making some sense. thanks
Your wrong there....mine chirps second at part throtle also.
Was that the Barbaric tune??? LOL

Quick Reply: what do i have to do to chirp between shifts?