Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need Your Opinion on BBK CAI Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:37 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Default Need Your Opinion on BBK CAI Please

I wanted to know what you guys think of the BBK Cold Air Intake offered at AmericanMuscle.com

Short on money right now but I want a CAI. This one doesn't need a tuner, even though I really want a tune

Is it a waste of money?

Or is it worth it?

Thank you for your opinions.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Need Your Opinion on BBK CAI Please

I bought it on monday and it still didnt come yet, I'll let you know how it is.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

It's not a waste of money because that will be one less thing you'll have to get. Your car (may) run lean without the tuner, but that maybe ok for a little while. On the long term effects, it may hurt your car.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:48 PM
NewtoStangs
1st Gear Member

What do you mean by tune? Same as Computer Flash?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

yep, computer flash and tune is the same thing.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:27 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Yea, I am worried about my car running lean.

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wait until I can afford a true intake with a custom tune.

Thanks guys!
Old 04-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

I was in the same boat as you. i decided to buy the MRTCAI and i am very happy with it. Its loud and you can notice the small performance difference. its not as big of a diff as if you were to have a tune with it, butfrom what the guys at mrt said. when they dyno'd the new intake it gave them 13 hp. thats not bad at all for a simple bolt on that doesnt require a tune. once i tune it ( within the month hopefully) it should put out about 20- 24. The mrt one is a bit more expensive then the bbk. it runs about 318 for the intake and 38 for the k&n air filter. so about 378 with tax and all but i definatly recomend it. you cant really go wrong with them. The company specializes in mustangs lol. let me know how the bbk works out if u get it tho. if u want to see a pic of the MRT look at my post about it. intake looks nice as hell but my engine bay was pretty dirty from the winter lol. now its clean.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

I was in the same boat as you. i decided to buy the MRTCAI and i am very happy with it. Its loud and you can notice the small performance difference. its not as big of a diff as if you were to have a tune with it, butfrom what the guys at mrt said. when they dyno'd the new intake it gave them 13 hp. thats not bad at all for a simple bolt on that doesnt require a tune. once i tune it ( within the month hopefully) it should put out about 20- 24. The mrt one is a bit more expensive then the bbk. it runs about 318 for the intake and 38 for the k&n air filter. so about 378 with tax and all but i definatly recomend it. you cant really go wrong with them. The company specializes in mustangs lol. let me know how the bbk works out if u get it tho. if u want to see a pic of the MRT look at my post about it. intake looks nice as hell but my engine bay was pretty dirty from the winter lol. now its clean.
Thanks for the info! I heard about the MRT not needing a tune also. I'll look into it and keep ya posted!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

my BBK came, and its being installed tomorrow, I must say the thing looks fukking sick!! its polished chrome, with the blue filter, and lookes badass.

sally, I'll let you know how it is.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

my BBK came, and its being installed tomorrow, I must say the thing looks fukking sick!! its polished chrome, with the blue filter, and lookes badass.

sally, I'll let you know how it is.
Thanks Dennis

Quick Reply: Need Your Opinion on BBK CAI Please