Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DETROIT AREA

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:35 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: DETROIT AREA

of course i am in. I don't think the birmingham area of woodward is a good idea though because there are lots of cops there and it is a very busy area. If people end up racing which i garuntee will happen, it is pretty damn dangerous where you see all those evo's and stuff. I think further down toward 15/16 mile may be better, but of course this is open for discussion. the place where most of those guys go though is infested with cops and lots of people just driving which i think is a bad idea. we should definately setup a thing tho. btw all of you should come to mustang alley this year, last year it was real tight.

edit: we should get some of the big dogs in on this, i'll pm scrming and there are a few other forced induction guys running around our area ill try to get ahold of. and now that i think about it even though that area is bad for any racing, it might be fun to roll through downtown birmingham with like 15 loud *** stangs LOL. i've seen 4-5 cobras do that before...of course they are a ****load louder, but hey, itd be fun stuff. Cameron we could roll down woodward tomorrow after school if you have time and find a spot or sometime this week.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:07 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

yeah man for sure. lets do it. i was actually thinking of closer to 9 mile. and as far as time goes, end of school which is like june 5th. im moving halfway through the summer so sometime in june would be clutch.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

So im gonna start making a list of everyone who is coming/possibly coming

[ol][*]Dwisforme05[*]8cf03gro[*]puckhog407[*]Fastlane034[*]rossbra2[*]enzo51[*]JimC[/ol]
LETS KEEP ADDING MORE. if u have buddies with stangs too let em know! once we have a good amount of people ill set a date and time. me and 8cd03gro are gonna find a nice lot very soon. We will keep you posted.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Mystang07
1st Gear Member

Sweet idea! I can make it up from Toledo, if you just let me know when (and if I'm off work that weekend). Would like to meet fellow MF'ers....

Peace!
Scott
Old 04-23-2007, 10:33 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

i might be able to go tomorrow after school...not sure yet though, ill talk to you about it tomorrow cameron. We could definately get something fun going and get some good pictures and what not. What also might be REALLY cool is if we made a trip to the track or something. All cruise up to milan or lapeer or something after a nice little meet. Just an idea...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

Nice ... glad this post gained some momentum. June sounds good here as well.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Hell yeah, clay that milan/lapeer idea sounds good to me. what does everyone else think? if not we can always just cruise woodward!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

update everyone. Me and 8cd03gro went out on woodward today looking for a spot to have this meeting. and we found a perfect parking lot right off lincoln and woodward. its on lincoln between adams and eton. We talked to the school that it is apart of and they said they will get back to us on it asap. Were thinking of doing this whole thing on May 12th. it is suppose to be supernice weather and would be a great time to meet up. The spot is not for sure yet but odds are it will come through. Let me know all of your opinions. If this day isnt good for you let me know what would be best for everyone and well work something out. Im moving in June so may would be the best. ill keep everyone updated as i find out more info.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:35 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Plus, if this works out well, we could always do it again somewhere else and whatever. It'll be nice to actually "know" some people on here that are fairly local. Good way to get track days going and all. We will keep you guys updated
Old 04-26-2007, 10:13 PM
droptop6
2nd Gear Member

I am up for that, I am up on woodward all the time. I have a buddy that owns Freeplay coin-op on Woodward and Normandy next to U coat it garage. There's not alot of parking but there is a lot next to them that we could meet at. I will be out there on saturday night. PM me if you guys want to meet out there on saturday.

Quick Reply: DETROIT AREA