Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my car back from Powerhouse..

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Got my car back from Powerhouse..

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

awsome, what you doing on the tranny? building the 5R55 or swaping a 4R70/AOD 4 speed with a stall and shift kit? or leaving it which is no fun[8D]
Thanks man. I really don't know what I am doing about the tranny. There are no kits yet for this car, so it would have to be custom....which means expensive.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:06 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Here is the official modification list. More pics, data and ET's to come this weekend.
[ul][*]Powerhouse Built Block[*]Weisco Pistons, 8-8-1[*]60lb Injectors[*]Boost a pump[*]8.8 Rear end w/3.73[*]LPW Girdle[*]PH/CHE Axle brace[*]New Red Powder Coated Valve Cover (will post pics once I clean engine bay)[*]MT ET Streets Drag Radials (255/50/16)[*]Powerhouse Ported Heads[*]Powerhouse 3 angle valve job w/upgraded valve springs[*]Powerhouse Turbo Cams (they also have Centri & Root cams available)[*]JBA shorty headers[*]New head gaskets[*]Upgraded transmission pan w/Amsoil Synthetic[*]PH/CHE Anti-Squat Brackets[*]Powerhouse Line Locks[*]Diablo Mafia[*]Modifed car to take Welds for front and back (future use)[*]Progress Technology Rear Sway Bar[/ul]On the day Powerhouse baselined the stock GT500, they also strapped my car down right after that. My car edged out the GT500 by 20RWHP. This is on the same machine. It was pretty cool. Now I just need to get my ET's to reflect that!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:32 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

stock stall?
Old 04-23-2007, 01:37 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I have a reworked stock stall, 500-600RPM difference over stock. Nothing aggressive.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
elroyjetson_1978
2nd Gear Member

WOW......man am I ever jealous. Holy Cow that is one sick effing Stang. I think I gota little excitedsitting here thinking about that kind of power.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Rygen...if you don't mind me asking, are you sponsored? your car is a super beast but that can't be cheap....

Also...do you use it as your DD still or is it too powerful now for everyday street use?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:34 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Don't mind at all. I am not sponsored, I paid for all parts and labor, and yes, it cost a fair bit to go all out on this car. I drive it today actually, and still plan to drive it on a near daily basis.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Don't mind at all. I am not sponsored, I paid for all parts and labor. I drive it today actually, and still plan to drive it on a near daily basis.
Thats awesome...I think would follow the same path if I was single but my other half doesn't go for spending all our money on toys
Does your wife support you? or does she flip when you tell her you just spent another $10,000 on mods

thats cool using it as a DD, I bet the ricers are in for a real suprise now....once you get everything fine tuned will you be able to take a Z06?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:44 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Don't mind at all. I am not sponsored, I paid for all parts and labor. I drive it today actually, and still plan to drive it on a near daily basis.
Thats awesome...I think would follow the same path if I was single but my other half doesn't go for spending all our money on toys
Does your wife support you? or does she flip when you tell her you just spent another $10,000 on mods

thats cool using it as a DD, I bet the ricers are in for a real suprise now....once you get everything fine tuned will you be able to take a Z06?
My wife supports it, though this is the end of the road for me for a long time. She is into the racing, comes to the events and so do my kids.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:39 PM
billybix76
2nd Gear Member

Wild, and worth it. Post the HP/torque number for us....

Quick Reply: Got my car back from Powerhouse..