Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gt Take Off Muffler...Quick Question..

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:13 PM
pallidamors
Banned

Default Gt Take Off Muffler...Quick Question..

I am getting ready to order a single Gt-Take Off muffler for my fiance's 05 sixer. Does it matter if I get a left or right Gt-Take off muffler? Will they both just bolt up?
Old 04-24-2007, 05:32 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Gt Take Off Muffler...Quick Question..

You will want to get the Passenger Side Muffler.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

You need a right side GT takeoff muffler, because theGTmuffler tips are angled/slashed.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

A driver-side muffler will not fit as a single.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:07 AM
kayos

You'll like the sound too. Got one on my sixer,beauty.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:44 AM
SemperFi789
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdlesk

You will want to get the Passenger Side Muffler.
+1
Old 04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

course... you could get a set for 109 shipped, and get it all welded and done for 2-300 total, if not less
Old 04-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

My left-side muffler does look pathetic sitting on the shelf in my garage. People always ask me, "So when are you gonna hook up the other one?" and then a big conversation starts, about whether it's best to try and cut the bumper valance yourself with a dremel, or just order a GT valance instead.It all adds up:200 for a GT valance; 75 for aGT muffler set; 50 for a pair of hangars; maybe another75 to get a shopto fabricate anH-pipe or X-pipe. Then I start thinking, I should just trade up to a same-year GT for around 5-6 grand.

The GT single is a no-brainer, because it's dirt cheap, quick, no hassles, and sounds very good.

Ken

Old 04-25-2007, 05:56 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: Ken Rogers

My left-side muffler does look pathetic sitting on the shelf in my garage. People always ask me, "So when are you gonna hook up the other one?" and then a big conversation starts, about whether it's best to try and cut the bumper valance yourself with a dremel, or just order a GT valance instead.It all adds up:200 for a GT valance; 75 for aGT muffler set; 50 for a pair of hangars; maybe another75 to get a shopto fabricate anH-pipe or X-pipe. Then I start thinking, I should just trade up to a same-year GT for around 5-6 grand.

The GT single is a no-brainer, because it's dirt cheap, quick, no hassles, and sounds very good.

Ken

I just did the x-pipe conversion, and had my driver's side GT take-off hung (after looking at it in my garage for a few months now). The cost was:
[ul][*] $79 - GT mufflers[*]$105 - GT mid-pipe[*] $70 - GT hangers[*]$105 - X-pipe[*]$100 - labor to install[/ul]
So the total was $459. Not inexpensive. I rough cut my own bumper with a palmed hacksaw blade, trimmed it close with a utility knife, and sanded it smooth with 100 grit wrapped around a soda can. VERY HAPPY with the results. Looks more balanced, and sounds good too (sorry no pics or clips).

Let's face it, paying for mods on our V6's is a huge waste of money. (blasphemy you say!). It's true. We'll never get that money back. But for me, I'm getting alot of satisfaction from those modifications. My car is a BUNCH more fun to drive now than when it was stock, so I'm happy to spend what I have so far to get what I have now, with no regrets. I am ALMOST done with my mods (really!). I may go with another hood treatment, upgrade the shifter, aftermarket clutch eventually, and the drag radials are on order. Then I will be done modding my car. My first outing at the track with this car netted a 14.701 @ 95.7mph, so now I'll get to enjoy another fun activity with it - going for low ET's!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ken Rogers

Ken

But the V6 bumper looks so damn sexy with duals coming out of it.

Quick Reply: Gt Take Off Muffler...Quick Question..