Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

leather seat wear!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Default leather seat wear!!

I have noticed some wear like the eather streatching on the seat and someminor wear lines on the side lumbar support close to the door.I weigh 186 lbs (not heavy)
I am meticulous about how I get in and out of the car. The car only has 3300 miles on it. and it's an 06 bought in June. It has been in the garage any time that it's not driven.
Has anyone else seen this? Is there any upgraded seats ( that are not race seats) avaliable? Maybe covers. Looks like Ford uses crappy leather on their seats. If this is what they look like now at 3300 miles I can't imagine what they will look like at 50,000.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: leather seat wear!!

my seat has some of those too. i was actually looking up on how to prevent that. and i found that tinting your windows will help alot because it blocks out alot of UV rays that causealot of those wear lines.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:25 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

tinting the windows isnt stopping mine i have 15000mi and i clean them a lot.. looks like they have 100000 miles on em
Old 04-25-2007, 03:32 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

I was just thinking the same thing. I have a 07 with 5600 miles on it, and the exact same spot is wearing on mine. i hate seat covers, but I may have to look into putting something over it.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:37 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdphillips73

I was just thinking the same thing. I have a 07 with 5600 miles on it, and the exact same spot is wearing on mine. i hate seat covers, but I may have to look into putting something over it.
Buy some GT take-off seat covers ( newtakeoff.com ), replace the old leather with new fancier leather. That's my plan when my stock seats start to look a little rough, give them a nice upgrade. If you want to go crazy you can get expensive custom seats made, but those can get into the thousands of dollars, so they're not the cheap solution.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:55 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

KATSKINZ leather replacement...i think that's how you spell it
Old 04-26-2007, 01:32 AM
v6 muscle
1st Gear Member

black leather corbeau seats!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:47 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

The GT take off stuff is the same thing you have now lol!
ORIGINAL: raubt

ORIGINAL: jdphillips73

Buy some GT take-off seat covers ( newtakeoff.com ), replace the old leather with new fancier leather. That's my plan when my stock seats start to look a little rough, give them a nice upgrade. If you want to go crazy you can get expensive custom seats made, but those can get into the thousands of dollars, so they're not the cheap solution.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:03 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Yes, but it would be new, and way cheaper than getting your current seats replaced from Ford or refinished somewhere.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

True but you'll be complaining about the same thing in 10,000 miles and want to do it again. It would be cheaper to just do it right once. Mine are showing the same wear pattern and I have 15k on it and it started at about 8k!
ORIGINAL: raubt

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Yes, but it would be new, and way cheaper than getting your current seats replaced from Ford or refinished somewhere.

Quick Reply: leather seat wear!!