Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT take off exhaust or MRT aeroturbine

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 11:28 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

Default GT take off exhaust or MRT aeroturbine

so fora long time i've been considering getting the MRT aeroturbine, but i recently found a pair of GT take off exhausts, both for 75 with tax. i want to know is there a big enough sound difference between my stock exhaust and these GT take offs? i'm not going dual, i'm keeping it single and i dont care for any other exhaust
Old 04-26-2007, 11:44 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT take off exhaust or MRT aeroturbine

There is a difference. You may not notice it at first.. but after driving it around.. you will be able to tell the difference. However, there is a huge difference between the GT take-off and the MRT... were talkin huge..
Old 04-26-2007, 11:56 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, basically the GT Takeoff is the quietest (not silent though) and the MRT is the loudest.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:11 AM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Yep, I had the MRT took it off now have a single GT take-off and like t much better. Nice at normal driving and good sound when you get on it. And you can't beat the price!! The MRT drones ALOT and sounds ricey not my opinion but that of several guys in my local Mustang club. Go single GT and use the extra$ for other mods!!! Good luck!!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:15 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

my mrt doesn't drone at all, and defiantely doesn't sound ricey unless its a cold start and it isnt warmed up...at that point it is very ricey ill admit that. If you want it loud get the mrt. If you want a better sound , really not that much louder, but slightly louder, then get the gt take-off.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:45 AM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

go in between and get a flowmaster! lol, but the gt takeoff is good too.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:45 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

my mrt doesn't drone at all, and defiantely doesn't sound ricey unless its a cold start and it isnt warmed up...at that point it is very ricey ill admit that. If you want it loud get the mrt. If you want a better sound , really not that much louder, but slightly louder, then get the gt take-off.
i think i'll stick with the MRT. i want to be heard coming around haha. now i got a question for you, i've noticed in all the exhaust threads, some guys with the MRT say they get a drone while others, like yourself, don't. i'm planning on taking my car to a local exhaust shop and having them put it on for me because i don't know squat. is there anything you may have done differently than the other guys and thats why yours sounds great while others have a drone?? btw, i checked out that youtube vid. sounds great!

and pperin, we both live in SD, what local mustang club are you part of??
Old 04-27-2007, 04:00 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

MRT all the way man....Give it time and it sounds great. After almost a year now its at its best. I get a smooth roarr when she revs up and the drone only happens at 2500rpms really. The drone noise will lessen as it breaks in. Its easy to learn how to drive so the drone is avoided...(shifting to a highergear to drop the rpms or let off the gas when its not needed.) I have to admit though, when I got my tune it made the sound better too, and I also have an intake. Those together probably help with bettering the sound. This is like a go big or go home kinda thing....up 2 you.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

GT take off is great. I love it.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 AM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Go GT takeoff unless you really like it LOUD! You will see when you put it on...........what some us are talking about (DRONE). It sucks. I have had both and the GT take off does sound a lot better than the stock.

Quick Reply: GT take off exhaust or MRT aeroturbine