Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:56 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Eclipse GT vs. Stang V6

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 11:14 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Eclipse GT vs. Stang V6

The new eclipse does look a lot better than the old one, which only had good tv commercials helping sell it (god that is a butt ugly car). But anyway it's still a mitsubishi and the eclipse name never appealed to me, is the car suppose to eclipse you from buying a nicer car? Anyway I don't believe I'm biased, I didn't like the older style mustang body style very much either but I still would've opted for that mustang rather than anything made by mitsubishi. Not sure how else I can help than by opinion
Old 05-03-2007, 11:24 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Eclipse = RICE!
MUSTANG RULES!
PERIOD!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:28 AM
GNARLY PONY
1st Gear Member

Geeeeeez, thats easy Mustang all the way! the Mustang is so beautiful, IMO its one of the most beautiful cars on the road. I am completely happy with my mustangs performance reliability and beauty.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:25 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Keep this in mind.......All of the people I know who own and drive the new Eclipse are all girls. Nothing against the ladiesm, but a dude don't look right in that car.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:27 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Thanks for your opinions and facts guys! Ill definately be letting him read this thread so he can see all these for himself. Keep anything else you got comin if ya feel the need!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:08 AM
brown1978

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Keep this in mind.......All of the people I know who own and drive the new Eclipse are all girls. Nothing against the ladiesm, but a dude don't look right in that car.
Lately I seen alot of ladies driving mustang's, especially the 99-04 edition.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:20 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

If he is gonna choose between a v6 Mustang or Eclipse GT, I would go with the Eclipse. They run mid to low 14's stock and respond pretty well to mods and are alot nicer than the older models.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:05 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brown1978

Yes, most people I know/see that drive an Eclipse are girls. I've never known a guy that even wanted one. As far as girls driving older Mustangs 99-04, that's because they are little more low key. Girls I know like the older V6s because GTs are too powerful for them.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:11 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

ORIGINAL: brown1978

Yes, most people I know/see that drive an Eclipse are girls. I've never known a guy that even wanted one. As far as girls driving older Mustangs 99-04, that's because they are little more low key. Girls I know like the older V6s because GTs are too powerful for them.
I believe we have 1 or 2 women on this forum that are GT owners.
I know one here in my town that drives her own GT every day.
I've seen quite a few in stock and modified 4.0's, and GT'sas well.
I think the eclipse is just another egg beater lookin ricer! Piece of junk with a peppy engine under the hood. Big deal! The Retro-Mustang is an American Icon and there is no comparing the two.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Be careful when helping friends buying cars. It's a good way to loose a friend. Suggestions are one thing, but doing his/hers research is another. When/if they get either and run into some problems like some of us had you'll loose a friend for sure. If you look together just make comments like "I would do this" or "I wouldn't do that". Once you say "you should buy this" your screwed. Help drive him around, point out places to do research but leave the final say on his shoulders. That way you'll stay friends no matter what happens in the future.

Quick Reply: Eclipse GT vs. Stang V6