Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Safety note--

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 05:41 PM
AceVeres

Default Safety note--

Hey ya'll,
I hope you guys are having a good weekend. With the travelling that is sure to follow for some of us at the close of the weekend, I want to remind us that while on our 4-wheeled machines to be mindful of those of us who also ride the 2 wheeled ones. Long story short, I decided to take my motorcycle to houston instead of the mustang to save gas and miles on my baby. On the way back, a cell phone driver veered into my lane, forcing me into a concrete highway divider at about 60 miles per hour on my motorocycle, and on an elevated ramp of about 40 feet. Guy never saw me, either before or after the accident-- too busy on his phone and wanting to make a last minute exit. Sometimes we forget about the bikers, im guilty of it myself now and then, so please just be careful out there, especially while on the phone!
Old 05-13-2007, 09:01 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Safety note--

I passed several convoys of bikes on my way to NC on I95 this weekend. Gave them all a thumbs up, beautiful machines, harleys, yamahas, hondas, etc.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:56 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

You alright man? What kind of bike are you riding? Is the bike ok?

I ride dirtbikes...I always look at R6's and Gixxer 750's and say "Oh man I want one".....Then I hear stories like yours and I shy away from them again...
Old 05-14-2007, 12:44 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AceVeres

Hey ya'll,
I hope you guys are having a good weekend. With the travelling that is sure to follow for some of us at the close of the weekend, I want to remind us that while on our 4-wheeled machines to be mindful of those of us who also ride the 2 wheeled ones. Long story short, I decided to take my motorcycle to houston instead of the mustang to save gas and miles on my baby. On the way back, a cell phone driver veered into my lane, forcing me into a concrete highway divider at about 60 miles per hour on my motorocycle, and on an elevated ramp of about 40 feet. Guy never saw me, either before or after the accident-- too busy on his phone and wanting to make a last minute exit. Sometimes we forget about the bikers, im guilty of it myself now and then, so please just be careful out there, especially while on the phone!
Man! I hope you are OK!
Old 05-14-2007, 12:45 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I passed several convoys of bikes on my way to NC on I95 this weekend. Gave them all a thumbs up, beautiful machines, harleys, yamahas, hondas, etc.

I saw one convoy this past Saturday.....all had yellow flags on their bikes.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:24 AM
AceVeres

Ride a 2004 GSX-R600, came away not too bad, scraped the engine casing and broke off the shifter peg. Rode it back from houston to college station, so she still runs good, just hard to shift! As far as my list goes, i just lost some flesh to the highway divider from my right arm and leg, knew I had to bear down and take the scrape otherwise if i let go I woulda fell about 40 feet to the road below. Stll ridin' though!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:11 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Glad you're OK.

Too bad somebody didn't get his plate #.

Jackasses like that need to lose their licenses just like drunk drivers.

Sorry, but if I hit a 400 pound motorcycle, I'd know it.

He probably saw you ditch and ran.

That's my reason for sticking to 4 wheels.

It's always the idiots out there.

Glad you kept your wits about you.

SOHC
Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

glad you're alright. people like that **** me off.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:41 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

I know a lot of people don't have a problem talking on the cell phone and driving, but that's just a bad idea, IMO.

Motorcycles are sometimes hard to see, but this thread is a good reminder to look for them. Up here, in Minnesota, we get accustomed to not sharing the road with bikes in the winter, and have to reform the habit again every spring. It's tough - takes a conscious effort to do that.

Even vehicles can hide in blind spots - I looked twice at a highway intersection one day. TWICE. As I was pulling away, a little red Beretta filled my windshield, coming from my right to left. I hit the brakes and luckily missed him (he took no evasive action, by the way - just looked at me). I look three times at that intersection now!

Too many people don't know what defensive driving is anymore, and that makes the road dangerous for all of us, but especially cyclists.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Somachine
1st Gear Member

Glad you're allright. It's not just about sharing the road, but respecting it, and giving courtesy, respect, and more importantly the laneto the big-balled people that ride motorcycles.

Quick Reply: Safety note--