Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sadly, i will likely be selling the 6.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:56 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default Sadly, i will likely be selling the 6.

I really don't know how i didn't think about this before, but for some reason it never even crossed my mind. I will be going to college in denver or just outside of denver in 2 years. I had planned on a turbo or blower setup on this car this summer, but just thinking earlier today, i realized there is no way in hell i could deal with this car in the blizzards that go on out there and if i have to buy another car for the winter, i will not be dumping 6k into this car. I am a bit upset by this because i LOVE this car, but it is just not realistic to think i can drive this thing in the winter there. So here is what i think i will do if i can't think of anything better soon-

trade in my car, expect probably around 18k for it (fully loaded with pony package in perfect condition with 6500 miles on it, probably will be just over 10k around selling time) and use the extra 6k i have saved up to trade in on an evo like this one
I really love the mustang, but i have always liked evos and i pretty much NEED awd in the colorado winters. If you guys have any good other options for me i'd love to hear em.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:00 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Sadly, i will likely be selling the 6.

You know... people drove cars in Denver long before there was front wheel and all wheel drive... and I seriously doubt you'll get anything close to 18K for a trade in..
Old 05-17-2007, 10:05 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Yeah dude, I drove this car in Edmonton Alberta all winter, with several extremely icy days and a few very bad snow storms, and it's no problem. And that was with the semi-crappy stock Pirelli's and no weight in the trunk.

Put some snow tires on that monster, a few bags of sand or whatever in the trunk, and you'll be fine. The blower would probably be challenging to deal with in horrible road conditions, but it could be done if you drive carefully, or just put off the upgrade until you're done school and move somewhere with nice weather.

I wouldn't let a little nasty weather tear you away from the Stang. It's way too good looking (and fun!) of a car to just get rid of because of some snow.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:05 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I paid $19,000 out the door for my pp and it had .. literally.. 5 miles on it. Get some good snow tires and you should be fine.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:08 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

plus.. you'll be one of those old guys one day that sits on his porch.. or driving a Camery saying.. "yep.. I had a Mustang once... Yep.. them's are nice cars.. "...
Old 05-17-2007, 10:08 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

i'm not gonna trade it in im gonna sell. And even if i get 17k... People did drive cars there...but have you ever driven in 2 feet of unplowed snow in one of our cars? I will be going to school just outside of denver but live even a bit further the other direction in a more sub-urban area. I would really not feel safe driving this car in the kind of snow i have had to drive through out there. its real bad out there in the winter if you have never been. I drove this car 30 minutes two ways to work and back 3 days a week this winter (snowboard instructor) on the stock pirellis and it wasn't too bad, but the area i am going to be living in is starting to get near the mountains and "foot hills" are present. Real twisty, high elevation roads and i can't just not drive when it is too bad, so my parents and i have agreed it isn't a very good idea to keep this car if i end up there which is about a 90% chance.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Mountain Mustang
1st Gear Member

I live 70 miles west of Denver in the mountains at 9300' (Summit County). I drive a 1984 Bronco II in the winter and put the Mustange away. Denver has so many nice days in the winter (60+ degrees) that you could be driving your Stang. Consider getting a cheap beater for the bad days. I paid $100 for the Bronco II 8 years ago and it is still running strong with 250,000 miles on it. Weigh all of your options before you do somthing you will regret later!!! On a side note, the Mountain Mustang Round-up in Steamboat Springs is coming up June 14-17. Hundreds of Mustangs, Cobras, and fast Fords and a beautiful 2.5 hour drive from Denver.

MM
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

SNow is no problem if your set up right. Drove through the mountains of nevada to visit some family. Did not even get close to spinning an di was going faster than the other cars (stupidity at its best) Snow is all about being able to drive. Put some sandbags in the trunk and you'll be fine. Now it sound slike you want to trade for an evo more than just because of the snow. I think its a good trade. Couple friends have evos and they are pretty nice. Better than STIs for sure. But i like the evo 8 better than the new ones i think the new ones are rubbish. THeir at a point where too much technology actually hurts performance.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Evos are intimidating little beasts lol Nothing to look past. Cant see my self in one though, just not my style. Good luck though
Old 05-17-2007, 10:30 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro
...but have you ever driven in 2 feet of unplowed snow in one of our cars?
Um ... about the only thing that's gonna make it through that is a lifted 4x4 with offroad mud/snow tires.
But seriously, put some good snow tires/chains on in the winterand you should be fine.
Or even better, go to the University of Florida instead.

Quick Reply: Sadly, i will likely be selling the 6.