Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TI/XCAL combo

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:39 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: TI/XCAL combo

WOW fella's why is this turning into a beat on 8cd03grothread.....WTF. The TI kit is perfectly respectable and very good. I got the kit when I went out to get one and so have many others including Rygen.....Lets not beat a fello V6er up for being undecieded and chosing a product he liked. There are plenty of places out there.
My personal experience is that the TI works great (look at my numbers) My car breats just fine through out the power band.....John DeMoulet from TI is one of the best purchases and customer service guys I've dealt with....B A M A sold this kitand to a man he told me this CAI works great. As far as going with different tune good for you clay....that is why everyone has there own favorite....no one does a bad job that has been named but each has thier personal preference...
Clay PM me!
Besides the look fuggin sweet!

Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

...umm thats a waste of money, because you can only store 3 tunes on the xcal at once......sooo one you'll have to throw out, and dougs tunes are the best so you shouldve just gotten the kit from him....575 painted....I'm ordering that as soon as schools over. Well good luck with it and tell us how you like it (mainly me!). Howmuch did you pay exactly? the pricing on their site is iffy...did you get it color matched?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:44 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

...umm thats a waste of money, because you can only store 3 tunes on the xcal at once......sooo one you'll have to throw out, and dougs tunes are the best so you shouldve just gotten the kit from him....575 painted....I'm ordering that as soon as schools over. Well good luck with it and tell us how you like it (mainly me!). Howmuch did you pay exactly? the pricing on their site is iffy...did you get it color matched?
i really don't understand why you guys think this is a waste of money. I got the TI/XCAL combo for 479 shipped. It was like 465 before shipping or something like that. By far the best price around, and it is one of the best performers. For 50 bucks i can get a vmp tune (replace the 93 tune on the xcal from TI with a 93 from VMP/b-ama) or b-a-m-a and i am only going to use one tune 99% of the time. Im' still considerably less than it would have cost to buy through b-a-m-a. Even if i went with a b-a-m-a tune, it would all total 554 SHIPPED. I beleive that is less than the jlt, the c&l, and all the other tuner/intake combos for some of the best gains and great track results. Hell look at rmays. Didn't you run a 14.6 or 14.5 with jut the mrt, the TI, and a b-a-m-a tune? Sounds pretty good to me. I'm gonna search around for someone with a vmp mail-order tune and see how they liked it before i decide, but either way i go i get exactly what i want for the lowest price...so what is the problem here?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:05 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

nothing....sounds good.....will the extra tunes be able to be stored on a cd or something?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i think most of the guys are wondering why not just keep the money you spent on the CAI and tuner and getting tunes and put it towards the f/i. but i'm in your mindset. getting the tuner in that package is a great deal and why not get better gas mileage and more power out of it?

good luck man. have as much fun with your car this summer as much as possible since you're not gonna be around it during the school year. that would just drive me crazy!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:06 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdsguy

i think most of the guys are wondering why not just keep the money you spent on the CAI and tuner and getting tunes and put it towards the f/i. but i'm in your mindset. getting the tuner in that package is a great deal and why not get better gas mileage and more power out of it?

good luck man. have as much fun with your car this summer as much as possible since you're not gonna be around it during the school year. that would just drive me crazy!
Well he still need the tuner for the FI so it isn't a big deal there. You can store as many tune as you want on your home cpu and even make variations of those tune...
Who is everyone here to say what he should have done according to some on this very board we all should have bought another model of our cars.....

@8cd03gro I ran a 14.6 with a b a m a Race 89 tune and the TI!!!! All in all it isn't a bad set up! The TI caned tunes I ran a 14.9 with 87 tune!
Whats the problem, I don't see a whole lot of you advice givers putting up number with your JTL, C&L, K&Nor bruteforce kits...
All of you can't tell me you have gone in one direction with a mod and then ended up doing something different....can you?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:12 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdsguy

well i need the tuner anyway for ANY forced induction, so really i only spent 80 extra dollers for the intake. I am waiting for a reply from powerhouse on an n/a heads/cams setup. Once i have a response from them and i talk to delk i will know exactly what i will be doing. It all lies in their hands whether or not i go straight to forced induction, or go heads/cams first. I will have heads/cams and forced induction by 08 either way...just need to figure out what order.