Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Rear Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
dodgerfrog

Default V6 Rear Bumper

I know the GT rear bumpers are readily available on different websites, but does anyone know where I can get a V6 takeoff bumper? I'm going back to a single setup, but I had the bumper cut for duals so I'm looking to get it replaced.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Rear Bumper

Just search for ford parts online, don't go to a specific shop.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dodgerfrog

I know the GT rear bumpers are readily available on different websites, but does anyone know where I can get a V6 takeoff bumper? I'm going back to a single setup, but I had the bumper cut for duals so I'm looking to get it replaced.
Just curious, why are going back to stock?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:25 PM
dodgerfrog

I was still having problems with pipes rattlingaround. I take clients out to lunch quite a bit and a couple have asked "what's wrong with your car". Pretty embarssing. I had JBA's with a Y pipe (which are now available), but I've had enough. I loaded up the stock parts and asked them to put it all back. On a positive note, I did ask if they had any GT mufflers laying aroundthat they could install (since they do a lot of custom work there),and they did install one for nothing. So it's now a single with a new GT takeoff. Actually sounds really nice. Also seems like it accelerates a little better.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:00 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dodgerfrog

I was still having problems with pipes rattlingaround. I take clients out to lunch quite a bit and a couple have asked "what's wrong with your car". Pretty embarssing. I had JBA's with a Y pipe (which are now available), but I've had enough. I loaded up the stock parts and asked them to put it all back. On a positive note, I did ask if they had any GT mufflers laying aroundthat they could install (since they do a lot of custom work there),and they did install one for nothing. So it's now a single with a new GT takeoff. Actually sounds really nice. Also seems like it accelerates a little better.
I've been reading where other posters mainly GTs were having the same problem and they seemed to identify it and fixed it.
I just ordered Pypes True Dual System with street legal x-pipe. I have two GT takeoff mufflers. I just hope I don't have rattle problems. The shop I'm taking it to was recommended by my Ford dealer. So hopefully they know what they are doing.

Speaking of rattles, I bought a 2004 E-350 a few years ago and it's been rattling since day one! I've taken it back to Ford 4 times and they haven't been able to fix it. I think I am going to take it to that muffler shop......maybe they can solve the problem. [&:]
Old 05-24-2007, 03:32 AM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

I have a v6 bumper I could sell. redfire..

Old 05-24-2007, 10:41 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Too bad you're in Cali.

You could have my old one.

SOHC
Old 05-24-2007, 11:59 AM
dodgerfrog

That would have worked beautifully. Mine's also Vista Blue.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:24 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

How bad does it look with the empty opening on the driver's side? I've seen new Chargers that have openings on boths sides, but only one muffler. Since your car is a dark color, is it THAT noticable that the bumper is notched?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 PM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

i think you search the classifieds for a used v6 bumper. with the amount of 6ers going duals, there's got to be someone who can sell you their bumper

Quick Reply: V6 Rear Bumper