Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

thinking about moving to the dark side (GT)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:12 PM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: thinking about moving to the dark side (GT)

ORIGINAL: Buckman

as far as aftermarket products, alot of the performance parts for GT's do not come for the V6 models.
If you really regret not getting a GT, then I would trade the car in for one.
As far as aftermarket products for the 4.0, the link below is all you need for your pony.

http://www.powerhouse411.com/

After that, you can get a nice array of suspension parts from CHE

http://www.cheperformance.com/

HOLY CRAP the powerhouse site is back!

I hope the mail order turbo kits "comming soon" is faster then their website repairs. [&:]
Old 06-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

HOLY CRAP the powerhouse site is back!

I hope the mail order turbo kits "comming soon" is faster then their website repairs.
Yes, the website is back up. It wasn't an issue with them repairing it, more of a domain provider issue that had to be resolved that involved a lot more sites than just PH's
Still, the fastest way to find out about the mail order kit is to call them. 814-774-4966 I am sure Mike can give you the details when you call!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

The V6/GT decision is not an easy one. It's not a money contest. I could have picked up a GT for 7000 more when I bought last year, but thenI couldn't have afforded to buy1/2 of an airplane too.

"Afford" has really changed in definition over the years. 20 years ago if someone said they couldn't afford the GT, it meant because they had a small income. Nowadays,credit is a way of life. So it's really about how much money you feel comfortable owing.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:50 PM
bobsmilie2000
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

" i was so happy i didnt have to get a v6 "

wow what a dick comment[:@]
not trying to be a dick.
just saying I prefer the GT
a$$hole
Old 06-01-2007, 11:56 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Well, I was at that stage when I bought my first GT(inMarch 2005) and was going to get a windveil V-6(with the 17" Bullitt GT take-off wheels, sort of a pre-pony package), but the salesman was a dick and wanted $22K for it(+$2K for the wheels[:@]) so it was $24K before taxes, I figured I could search and search for a GT for a few thousand more, an honest dealer sold me that first GT for $27K(before taxes). If it weren't for a greedy dealer, I might be on this section, although not to say like an ****, I'm pleased that everything worked out the way that it did for me. As long as YOU are truly happy and satisfied, screw everyone else IMO
Old 06-02-2007, 12:02 AM
bobsmilie2000
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

As long as YOU are truly happy and satisfied, screw everyone else IMO
+1
Old 06-02-2007, 12:24 AM
LL88
2nd Gear Member

Alotta the guys are right on here, when they say it still wont be enough. Ive driven alot of GT's, and they definitely have more power. I was all set on trading mine in once i get the money this summer for a used GT, but then I test drove a corvette for the same price. It was a C5, stick, with corsa exhaust, and it was a f**cking animal, compared to the GT. Yes, I know that there are LOTS of things that make the GT a better car(practicallity, 4 seats, newer car), but none of those really affect me. This summer, I will probably be selling my 6er for a vette, because the V6-GT jump is not big enough for me.

People here assume I have a GT cuz of my front center fogs in my pony pack. I think the v6's look basically the same, so I wouldnt dish out the $$ just for that. However, the GT's are overall just a nicer car, so if you want it, go for it, you'll have one hell of a time, but still be picked on by LS1'ers + anti-ford ******
Old 06-02-2007, 12:38 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

You don't happen to have a mustache.. do you?

ORIGINAL: LL88

Alotta the guys are right on here, when they say it still wont be enough. Ive driven alot of GT's, and they definitely have more power. I was all set on trading mine in once i get the money this summer for a used GT, but then I test drove a corvette for the same price. It was a C5, stick, with corsa exhaust, and it was a f**cking animal, compared to the GT. Yes, I know that there are LOTS of things that make the GT a better car (practicallity, 4 seats, newer car), but none of those really affect me. This summer, I will probably be selling my 6er for a vette, because the V6-GT jump is not big enough for me.

People here assume I have a GT cuz of my front center fogs in my pony pack. I think the v6's look basically the same, so I wouldnt dish out the $$ just for that. However, the GT's are overall just a nicer car, so if you want it, go for it, you'll have one hell of a time, but still be picked on by LS1'ers + anti-ford ******
Old 06-02-2007, 12:57 AM
LL88
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

You don't happen to have a mustache.. do you?

ORIGINAL: LL88

Alotta the guys are right on here, when they say it still wont be enough. Ive driven alot of GT's, and they definitely have more power. I was all set on trading mine in once i get the money this summer for a used GT, but then I test drove a corvette for the same price. It was a C5, stick, with corsa exhaust, and it was a f**cking animal, compared to the GT. Yes, I know that there are LOTS of things that make the GT a better car(practicallity, 4 seats, newer car), but none of those really affect me. This summer, I will probably be selling my 6er for a vette, because the V6-GT jump is not big enough for me.

haha unfortunately, no, but im working on that! Great part is, the V6 may get sold to my dad as a daily driver!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:37 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bobsmilie2000

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

" i was so happy i didnt have to get a v6 "

wow what a dick comment[:@]
not trying to be a dick.
just saying I prefer the GT
a$$hole
It really was a dick comment.....thanks for chiming in thou!

Quick Reply: thinking about moving to the dark side (GT)