Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Feeling stupid

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:36 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Feeling stupid

Welcome aboard!

I've got the V6 Automatic combo.

I love it.

And if I get flak from any idiots, I just back up to them and rev my PYPES (they are very loud - see my videos).

If it doesn't shut them up, at leastI can't hear them anymore!!

LOL

Enjoy YOUR Mustang!!

SOHC
Old 06-06-2007, 01:46 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

I've owned two other Mustangs before getting my 07 V6 - both were the legendary Five-Oh. Big V8 power, big V8 torque, big V8 sound. Everybody liked the V8.

Except for torque, my 07 is all that and more. From my perspective, I have my 94 GT back, and it runs smoother, gets better gas mileage, has a better interior and looks better. And, it costs less than my 94 GT did in 1994! I feel like I got some secret employee discount from Ford, that's how good a deal I think the V6 is.

Most of the people who say "you shoulda got a V8" don't own either.

As for the auto, when I was looking at the 07's, my brother (who's a 1960's Stang afficianado) reminded me that the original Shelby GT350H was only shipped with an auto. Many Shelby models were made with an automatic, but one of the most revered only came with it.

I'm also a dirt track racing fan. I think it's cool to see racing up close and personal - a lot more exciting than watching it on TV. Most of the dirt car classes require the use of a two-speed transmission. Where do most of these drivers get a two-speed transmission????? Out of late-60's Camaros, as it turns out, and most of those are auto's. Most dirt track racers use automatic transmissions from a muscle carto put 600HP to the track.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:43 PM
82wife
1st Gear Member

thanks everyone i agree he drives a civic and gives me crap about my 6 oh well...
Old 06-06-2007, 04:08 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

blah blah blah....do you do everything everyone else tells you to, or do you do what you want...guess which one i do???? i love my 6 and i wouldbe willing to bet the gt v6 naysayers you know dont even own a pony...they r jealous...dont listen to them....welcome to the forums and the mustang nation as a whole.....i bet the ones saying you should have gotten a gt drive hondas....
Old 06-06-2007, 04:10 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 82wife

thanks everyone i agree he drives a civic and gives me crap about my 6 oh well...
oh yeah i got a stick cause i like stick...and i guessed right...your friend with the comments drives a honda.....LOL.....enjoy your pony...tell him he should sell his honda and get a ford.......see what he says then.....LOLOL
Old 06-06-2007, 04:21 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Kalle100 - so now I'm "stupid" for purchasing a V8 that I can't use in the city?If that's the case, you must have a lot of room to roam around in traffic.

82Wife - this guy sounds like a real jerk. the V6 has plenty of power. auto or manual, it's just a matter of preference.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

you tell him to go F*&K himself....jk.....but like alot ofpeople have already said as long as you are happy with it then its all good. i have an auto v6 and my buddies rag on me all the time for having a 6, and an auto, but at first i got it for the looks, then came the exaust....intake......ect.. if i could choose between a stick and auto i would probably get a stick just because i get bored driving sometimes.......so i just go fast. a mustang is a mustang....and i f*&kin' love it.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM
UMTerp2010
2nd Gear Member

the V6 auto combo is fine. my manager at work has it and loves it. it all depends on your preference. if you like it who really cares what others think?
Old 06-06-2007, 06:22 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 82wife

And he laughs at you when his car ranked 8th on the fastest list??? Who is laughing now!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
TAoW1939
1st Gear Member

Anyone who gives you crap probably hasn't driven one yet. I used to work with a "Bowtie to the Bones" Chevy guy, he always gave me crap about buying a Ford v6 automatic Mustang, until I let him drive it one day. He actually started taking my side when others gave me crap after that lol. A Chevy guy defending a V6 Mustang, Ford did something right.

Quick Reply: Feeling stupid