Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Feeling stupid

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 PM
oldtimer stanger
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Feeling stupid

i got the same samething almost bought a stick, but getting to old to hike my leg i guess lol
have to love the auto in town though. my ol 6 er sure gets alot of attention though
ask the v8 guys if they get 27 mpg at 80 mph highway and 22 around town *GRIN*

[IMG]local://upfiles/46411/3A21712139AC4EFBBF8CE35381541C6C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/46411/4BD5B161B1AB4AB5AC6A25C2FD719464.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-07-2007, 03:05 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

yeah i have to say as a stick six.....downshifting is waaayyyyy fun especially with my magnaflows.....heh.....ill drive stick till i cant anymore then go auto and im 36 so i got a while....heh....but a pony is a pony.....in fact because i could getit ina stick was one of the main reasons i got it....looked at the fusion but it cost more and wasnt as sexy......heh......i love my mustang(s) any color any year........stick or auto ....v6 or v8 or shelby when you turn the key and hit the gas it all sounds like mustang to me.....thanks ford for one of the favorite cars of my life....... btw nice 6's everyone....
Old 06-07-2007, 03:28 AM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

Hi. I'm new here too. I've been reading pretty much this entire forum as I wait for my first Mustang to be built. It's a convertible manual V6 with Pony Package. Build date is June 11. Anyway, whether you get a V6, a V8, or a new Schwinn Stingray, the decent thing for people to do, the civilized thing, is to be happy for you and to say something nice about your purchase. People who criticize your choice instantly label themselves as insecure and simply trying to make themselves feel superior at your expense. They haven't really said anything useful or accurate about your car, but they have told you volumes about themselves and their own inadequate personalities. You should listen.

BTW - Thanks you guys for a great resource. I've already ordered some GT takeoff side skirts and axle-back duals based on information I got here. Can't wait to finish putting together my new Pony.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:46 AM
josmoe5000
1st Gear Member

I just purchased my first mustang a '00 GT 5 speed. I do like the new body style too, but the '00 was in my budget. As for an auto vs. stick I prefer the stick shift, but that is just personal preference. I find it enjoyable to be able to shift through all of the gears and to switch when I want it to be switched. The other thing that I like about the GT vs. the 6 cylinder is the sound of the exhaust. I must say though the 6 cylinder isn't a small engine. Most 6 cylinder cars out there are 2.5 or 3.0 Liter engines. A 4.0L is as big as some V8's. I can definately see how it would have enough power. I think the GT is more for my ego rather than the extra power it has.

Congrats on your new car. Don't worry what anyone else says or thinks. If you like it, that is all that matters.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

You>>> [sm=icon_beat.gif]<<<Husband's friend. LOL

The v6 is a descent car.. in fact, it's faster than some previous GT models.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on your Mustang purchase and welcome!

We have both an 06 GT vert and an 06 V6 vert. That being said yes there is a difference in power between the GT and the V6, but if you are concerned ther are some things to do to your V6 that'll wake it right up!

One more thing remember this; No matter what, at the end of the day you'll have a Mustang in your garage and your husband's friend will have a Honda in his.... Now who do you realy think is happier?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:34 PM
jjjmm49
2nd Gear Member

Unless your racing it makes no differance.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Red_Blaze
1st Gear Member

Don't worry bout wut your husbands friends say...I had alotta people give me crap bout my Mustang too (I also have a V6 automatic) but then I started to hook it up with a lot of performance parts and now I can beat a GT, So a V6 Can be as fast and even a little bit faster then a (Stock) GT. (lol...u guys should've seen the face of the dude I raced that had the GT) but really I didn't give a Dam bout what they said. They both look Good and they both are fast. Its the best car I've ever had.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:48 AM
Verti6o

Tell them to put another sock in their pants. It's cheaper than the GT, has better gas milage and less TSBs. Just got an 06 vert auto myself a couple of weeks ago. And everyone that tells me I should have gotten the GT I just say "I'm not that insecure".
Old 06-08-2007, 03:02 AM
82wife
1st Gear Member

well ya'll definatly make me feel better... LOL just a funny story though the other night i finally got sick of his sh** and told him i'd race him to see if he still thought my 6 sucked... he went on and on about how since he added this and that to his civic it would just embarrass me... needless to say he felt pretty stupid when he finally got to the finish line

Quick Reply: Feeling stupid