Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

LS Differential

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 01:38 PM
rjb
1st Gear Member

Default LS Differential

I've read alot bout installing T-locks. My question for the day is how much better do they lock up than the factory LS. I will add gears is the future (3:73 or 4:10) for a little boost in low end, but currently the factory LS is getting good power to both wheels, so why change??

Thanks
Bob

[IMG]local://upfiles/68856/DA3923837043451AB3883496D74F0214.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-10-2007, 02:04 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: LS Differential

Dude the V-6 does not come stock with LSD your just getting power to one wheel. You will need a LSD installed if you want power to both wheels. The factory has installed "traction control" which is not LSD it taps the breaks to keep your wheel from spinning.
The 3.73's WILL give you MUCH better preformance
BTW nice car looks just like mine !!!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:13 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Ford cheaped out on us
Old 06-10-2007, 07:43 PM
rjb
1st Gear Member

I understand LS, When I dump the clutch both tires are grabbing. Two black marks 10' long. I guess that answered my question.. I do have a LS and just thought it was standard and people were swapping because the other brands of t locks are better. BTW I don't have the traction control system..

Old 06-10-2007, 08:12 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

I dk how you get 2 wheeled burnouts and not us

was that a one time occurance? or can u make both wheels spin voluntarily.

Any chance the dealer installed one in your car?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:47 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Also... if you have a 2007 Pony Package, it would be very rare that you don't have TCS.

These cars come with an open differential from the factory. If you have an LSD.. it was added after teh car was delivered to the dealer, or someone else put it on.

If that's the case.. your lucky!

ORIGINAL: rjb

I understand LS, When I dump the clutch both tires are grabbing. Two black marks 10' long. I guess that answered my question.. I do have a LS and just thought it was standard and people were swapping because the other brands of t locks are better. BTW I don't have the traction control system..

Old 06-10-2007, 08:48 PM
dragonbar

i've left burn marks on both tires myself. i was wondering if i had a LS, but i am certian i don't. when i did it the rear end pulled to the passenger side and those marks were definately heavier, but i still left rubber on both tires.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:51 PM
dragonbar

ORIGINAL: MrSandman

These cars come with an open differential from the factory. If you have an LSD.. it was added after teh car was delivered to the dealer, or someone else put it on.

what do you mean by, they come from the factory with an open differential?
Old 06-10-2007, 08:58 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

As in.. no t-loc..no LSD... AKA.. we're "peg legs" ... one tire burn outs.. etc...
ORIGINAL: dragonbar

what do you mean by, they come from the factory with an open differential?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:44 PM
rjb
1st Gear Member

Also... if you have a 2007 Pony Package, it would be very rare that you don't have TCS.

I had a loaner that had the TCS (evident by button on the dash to turn it off). Mine doesn't have it. And yes I can leave 2wheel burnouts at will. Any way I am happy .. My build sheet doesn't mention the gear ratio, TCS or LS. I am going to climb under and look at the tag. BTW I bought it with 6 miles on it.

Quick Reply: LS Differential