Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I want a Mustang, but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:27 AM
qdogg290

Default I want a Mustang, but...

Hi,

I'm from Nassau County, NY. I'm 23 and have narrowed down my selection for my very first car to a V6 Mustang, Honda Element, or CR-V. Yes, I realize the Mustang is an anomaly amongst two such SUVs, but I don't feel like going to lengths about my situation, as I would be amiss in expecting impartial suggestions for my car selection in a Mustang forum. Rather, I am looking for a specific car for a certain price. I've been to a few Mustang dealerships, three to be exact, and haven't really gotten a figure to my liking. What I'm looking for in this:

2007 V6 Coupe
Automatic Transmission
Pony Package
Interior Upgrade
Side Airbags
ABS and Traction Control
Cloth Interior (To cut costs and not support animal cruelty)

One such car was found in NJ, surprisingly in my favorite color as well (Windveil Blue). However, the quote I was given was not to my liking. And the salesman claimed the deal was unnegotiable b/c the car was not in their possession, and a certain charge was too be imposed for the inconvenience of swapping cars with a distant dealerships (that may have already been included in the price). I wanted to lease the car for 36 months, 12,000 miles, with a a downpayment of 3000 (which INCLUDES taxes, bank fees, and all the jazz). Well, if that were the case I would have been expected to pay $376 a month. I am actually looking for this very car, I am flexible with color, for 3,000 down and payments of 300-315 a month. Now this is where I need you help, does it seem as if such numbers are unreasonable for this particular car?? Is there anytime, in which you'd expect me to have more leverage, in order to get the numbers down to this level?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 06-20-2007, 04:35 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I want a Mustang, but...

Alright Dan, welcome to the Mustang community!
First its a great car and you'll be very pleased to own one. Go on http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?act=idxadn see if you can get an X-plan number. Second, if you don't have to deal with that dealer move on and get one that will deal with you.
If you are looking at a 2007 your in a great position they just stopped making them and released the 2008 orders. So you should have great leverage. With that down and mileage you should be around $350 for 3 years, check buying the car and compare them (you will hear alot about why are you going to lease only you know what you want to do). Do a dealer search and find a car you want that they have on hand.....for you to get!
Lastly BUY American! While the other are nice rides this is still made here and the money stays here, its dependable and the best styled car out there.....
Oh BTW the leaters aren't really leather.....lol
Old 06-20-2007, 10:44 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

Lastly BUY American! While the other are nice rides this is still made here and the money stays here, its dependable and the best styled car out there.....
Oh BTW the leaters aren't really leather.....

+1
Old 06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

There is a dealership near you that will deal. And don't just take the salesman word that they won't deal.

You are in a good position right now because as rmays said, the dealerships have to start thinking about moving the 07s off the lots to make room for the 08s.

Look on different dealers websites for specials. If you don't like the car that is being advertised see if you can get another for about the same MSRP and the sales price. Thats how I got my Mustang. The dealership was advertising automatics but I didn't want an automatic so they let me pic a manual transmission that was around the same MSRP for the advertised price of the auto.

Also look at the build date of the car and it's milage. If the car has been sitting on the lot for what seems to be several months or more they will be more willing to deal with you.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:32 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Okay so you know what you want. That's a good thing. But you do have to know what you're willing to pay. I wouldn't recommend leasing, though, but hey... whatever suits you. Right now there are a lot of Pony Package specials going on from what I hear, so getting a sixer with that setup shouldn't be too difficult and is way worth it... not only because of the appearance upgrades, but because of the performance upgrades as well. I know I've seen a commercial quite a bit lately that says if you geta V6 Mustang you can get a Pony Package free. From what I've been told, the PonyPackage is installed at the dealership and not atthe factory. If this deal is true, then there's some custimization there that'll work to your advantage.Check around different dealerships to see what they have. Some will be priced better than others. It's just a matter of finding what you want and working with the dealer to secure the deal.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

Okay so you know what you want. That's a good thing. But you do have to know what you're willing to pay. I wouldn't recommend leasing, though, but hey... whatever suits you. Right now there are a lot of Pony Package specials going on from what I hear, so getting a sixer with that setup shouldn't be too difficult and is way worth it... not only because of the appearance upgrades, but because of the performance upgrades as well. I know I've seen a commercial quite a bit lately that says if you geta V6 Mustang you can get a Pony Package free. From what I've been told, the PonyPackage is installed at the dealership and not atthe factory. If this deal is true, then there's some custimization there that'll work to your advantage.Check around different dealerships to see what they have. Some will be priced better than others. It's just a matter of finding what you want and working with the dealer to secure the deal.
I've seen a new Pony Package coupe being unloaded from the car carrier at the dealer, so I think the PP option is factory installed. A dealer can add different options to the car though.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Sarsippius787

Pony Packages comes standard with ABS and TCS. Also it comes with the interior upgrade; that's including the "leather" seats.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:34 PM
LL88
2nd Gear Member

Yea - I always thought that these cars came with actual leather. My brothers old jetta had the synthetic stuff, which never stretched or distorted even after 20,000 miles, unlike mine, which started at 5,000 miles. Anyways, the cows are getting killed anyways for steak, lol
Old 06-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Black Pony 4.0

Funny you should mention the Element. I traded an '04 on my new Mustang. When I bought the Element I was traveling to the mountains frequently and needed the 4wd. I put 55,000 miles on it with no mechanical problems whatsoever....soI have to say it's a good reliable ride. Just don't expect women to notice it like they do Mustangs.

Since I traded, all my friends keep telling me how they could never really see me driving the Element...that it just wasn't 'me'. Of courseI asked them why they never mentioned that while I owned it!

Bottom line....you're comparing apples and oranges. If you NEED the space and the 4wd, the Element is a great vehicle. If it's style you're seeking, it's hard to beat the Mustang.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:21 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sarsippius787

Pony Packages comes standard with ABS and TCS. Also it comes with the interior upgrade; that's including the "leather" seats.
Leather is a separate option, even on the Pony Package. Interior Upgrade Package is also a separate option. You could - theoretically - get a PP without either leather or IUP. My PP has the IUP but not the leather.

I agree with other posters - search for a dealer that has the car you want and then deal directly with them.

Windveil Blue is an awesome color![8D]

Quick Reply: I want a Mustang, but...