Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Drove in a Z today

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 01:41 AM
LL88
2nd Gear Member

Default Drove in a Z today

Before you get the wrong idea, the Z is NOT for me.

My brother sold his sedan to get a sporty car, and was having trouble finding what he wanted. He looked at 1999-2000 porsche 911's, Crossfires, and now the Nissan Z. I told him to test drive the Z, cuz he cant find a porsche in his price range. (believe me, i've tried reasoning with him that a GT mustang is a logical choice, he could get a GT convert for that price). Anyways, I was curious as to how the thing drove, it claims to have 306hp and 268 torque. We took out a 6-speed, and it was actually pretty impressive, chirped in 2nd gear, handled well, was loud (and ricey).

Anyways, hes buying a Z now, but I just think that its funny that he refuses to buy the car thats perfect for him (mustang) even though he loves the way it looks, drives(how could you not), and everything about it just cuz I have one.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:48 AM
besam
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Drove in a Z today

yeah the 350Zs are pretty nice

the only "rice cars" i hate are the ten year old ones with huge spoiler, guady paint jobs/decals and loud exhuast
Old 06-22-2007, 02:49 AM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

Uh oh...here we go again...Another Z thread.

He's not get a mustang just because you have one. Geeze, we have 3 mustangs in our family. I believe one is an 05 I believe Satin Silver GT, 06 Black V6 and mine which is an 07 Satin Silver V6.

Get him to get the Mustang man.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:57 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

This is America and your bro has the right to do as he pleases. I can understand him not wanting a car that looks just like yours, but a 350Z is very impractical(at least for me) and I think buying American still means something. Maybe you need to show him a Shelby GT, if he can't fall for that call immigration services and deport him back to the far east [8D]
Old 06-22-2007, 03:39 AM
machina
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

This is America and your bro has the right to do as he pleases. I can understand him not wanting a car that looks just like yours, but a 350Z is very impractical(at least for me) and I think buying American still means something. Maybe you need to show him a Shelby GT, if he can't fall for that call immigration services and deport him back to the far east [8D]
i second that!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:07 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

lol, that was the car that i always have wanted since the started making the 350z but now i have a mustang and wouldnt trade it for anything, although i do wish i could drive one to see how it is... My friend, who has a 2006 V6 mustang,was dropping off a friend at a nissan dealership and he saw a special edition 350z with the key in the door, so for a second he thought, should i take it or give them the key, he decided to give them the key, obviously, so the guy made walked him out to the car so he could show him where the key was, he told him it was in the key slot in the door, so the guy just says to him ok get in, my friend was like what? he said get in, we have to go pick up lunch, so he got to drive it for a while, he said he didnt really get to open it up, but when do you when your test driving, anyways he said it sounded really nice and seemed to have a little pickup to it. just a cool little story i thought i'd share
Old 06-22-2007, 04:54 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

screw z's....tell him to get a g35...same thing with 4 seats, a way nicer look (imo) and much nicer everything else...plus in blue/black the g35 is just sexy.
Old 06-22-2007, 11:56 PM
LL88
2nd Gear Member

Don't worry, now hes off the Z, and now he's buying a 2006 new chrysler crossfire. The dealer is selling it at invoice (32,000) minus 12,000. So hes getting a 32,000 dollar car for 20000.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:01 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

screw z's....tell him to get a g35...same thing with 4 seats, a way nicer look (imo) and much nicer everything else...plus in blue/black the g35 is just sexy.
G35's are heavy pigs, all that money for a high 14 second car. The Z is a better performer, and not as heavy. But they are much more luxurious, so I can see people getting them for that.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:52 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

G35's are heavy pigs, all that money for a high 14 second car. The Z is a better performer, and not as heavy. But they are much more luxurious, so I can see people getting them for that.

[sm=noooo.gif]

you MIGHT be thinking of the g35x...the all wheel drive model. The g35 coupe is slightly lighter than our cars... maybe you are thinking of the g35 sedan also? The g35 coupe is an easy low 14 sec car, that is pretty luxurious and very comfy....plus it looks VERY sexy. Easily the best buy for the money.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/kartuz/GSig.jpg

seeeexxxyyy.

the g35 coupe weighs about 3300 lbs ( about what we weigh) and the vq35 makes JUUUUUST under 300hp, with what...i think 270 ft lbs? and the manual has considerably shorter gearing than us with a 6 speed....if you think it is running high 14's....you are mistaken.

Quick Reply: Drove in a Z today