Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

May Say G-Bye to the 6'er

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:34 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Default RE: May Say G-Bye to the 6'er

ORIGINAL: damquick1

yeah but the kicker is they are offering me 21.5K for my 07 V6, granted it only has 3K miles on it and looks brand new, none of the upgrades count. If they give me 21.5K for mine, I cant argue with the price, the retail sticker was 31K and since they are offering 1500.00 in rebates they wanted 27K for it as a "program car", but I worked them down to 26K.
Damn dam! 21.5K trade in for your pony? Whew! I'd jump on that! That's two to a few grand over their offer for mine!
I only have 8500 miles on her too and she's loaded up more than yours too. Hmm....how do they figure it's worth 21.5 when the usual price paid at an auction is 17 to 19K? At least that's what I've been told but one can never believe the used car estimator anyway. They always low ball you!
1500 in rebates? That's pretty good consideirng Ford is only offering 1000. Where did the other 500 come from? Dealer?
Cool deal if you can get it though.
They still want too much for the program car IMO but that's up to you. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters!
Best of luck with the deal!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:45 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

Here in NC they have another 500 off at the dealer, I looked around and couldn't find a used for that price with decent mileage. I'm okay with the 26K, if you think about it they are padding my trade to show a higher MSRP, so I really get an extra 2-2.5K for my trade, which in turn will take that right back off the GT making it around 23.5-24K. Not bad in my book for an 07 with 81 miles on it. The sales manager told me it was the show car inside the dealership and been down to the locl bank and fairgrounds for advertisment. warranty will still take effect as if it were new.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:49 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Here in NC they have another 500 off at the dealer, I looked around and couldn't find a used for that price with decent mileage. I'm okay with the 26K, if you think about it they are padding my trade to show a higher MSRP, so I really get an extra 2-2.5K for my trade, which in turn will take that right back off the GT making it around 23.5-24K. Not bad in my book for an 07 with 81 miles on it. The sales manager told me it was the show car inside the dealership and been down to the locl bank and fairgrounds for advertisment. warranty will still take effect as if it were new.
Sounds damgood to me ;-). Go for it!
Old 06-28-2007, 06:09 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

It's still a new car, right? Never been sold, never titled or registered? Sounds like a deal that might never come your way again.
I traded in my '05 black premium GT last August on an '06 premium tungsten GT(with more options than '05) and paid $26.4K(I had paid $27.1K for the '05, which was MSRP) and I got $21.5K for my '05 with 20K miles on it(I owed $20K on itat trade-in time). The 0% financing, thepositive equity and the discounted price on the '06 made it a no-brainer for me(I actually went 60 months instead of 72 and my payments are 465 vs 453 for the '05 @ 72mo @5.0%). So I have a newer car with the color and options I wanted(IUP/18" polished Bullitts/side-air bags/charcoal weave dash/charcoal leather) and nearly a year later only 10K miles on it, instead of a 30K mile'05.
Do while you can, you might not have this fortunate sitiuation come your way again anytime soon.
Good luck!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:24 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

its done...I pick it up tomorrow (friday)!
Hell Yeah!!!!!!!