Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Seriously, once and for all. Why that SIXXER HATE

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 05:28 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Seriously, once and for all. Why that SIXXER HATE

idk i have not recieved this hate except for from like young kids whos dads bought them a new edge gt. not of the s197 owners have been jerks and i have met alot of camaro and trans am guys who gave props. so i haven't rele experienced much hate.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:56 AM
Glacial
1st Gear Member

A Mustang's a Mustang, I haven't heard a bad word about mine in 6 months of ownership, and I stop and chat with GT owners all the time. The opposite, really. Hell, evena C5owner loved my car!

Car guys are car guys. The only people I could think of who'd dump on a 6er are either jealous Civic drivers, or insecure losers. I've got about $90k in the bank account right now -- I could go buy a couple new GTs, cash, if I wanted to. I got a 6 because the GT didn't feel noticeably faster to me on the test-drive, and I've got long experiencemaking turbo sleepers
Old 07-04-2007, 07:16 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

only one guy has ever bashed me for having a sixer...

One night some fox with a big *** spoiler and huge mufflers pulled up to me at a light, and looked and me and gave a little chuckle. then he asked me why I had an exhaust on my six and made some comment like "dont try to be something". That pissed me off, so I obviously had to race him lol. Not only is my car decently fast, I think his car was in really poor condition....as I wizzed passed him I flipped him off. He was definitely sad, and it made me definitely happy
Old 07-04-2007, 07:59 AM
azstanglover
2nd Gear Member

Haven't really recieved hate from anyone for my sixxer. The closest I got to hate was from the father of my sisters brother in laws daughters husband (Geeze, did I just type that lol). He said "You just had to get one to didn't you." I bought the third Mustang in the family. All of them are S197s. We have one GT and two sixxers.

No one else has said anything bad or even questioned why I went with the V6 over the V8. Mustang owner or not.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:15 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

yea, i haven't really heard much hate towards my sixer. I mean, I occasionally get the "why did you get an auto" but then I tell them that I got it because where I go to college (Berkeley) there are a ton of hills and I did not wanna have to deal with a stick. But as far as hating on the sixer...it has been very limited, if any at all. A mustang is a mustang, and we should appreciate them for their beauty and rich history whether they are a v6 or a v8.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:23 AM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

It does not matter if you drive a 6 cyl or a GT, after all it is a Mustang. Good looking car guys and try not to take it too personal on the 6'er hate. People might be jeaulous because you have better gas milage, good power, less weight, cost less and it looks the same or better than some GT's.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:27 AM
06musgt
2nd Gear Member

not all gt owners owners in florida are jerks,you would get a thumbs up from me.just so you'll know,it can happen to gt's.i was in the walmart parking lot about a month ago and this roush mustang and me past each other going slow.well i waved to him like i always do and he just gave me the crappiest look and revved his engine.i was thinking,what a a-hole.
ORIGINAL: MuscleFanatic

Seriously, in florida, just driving on the turnpike a person in GT will drive by and just be a pure jerkoff about his/her ride to mine. I really want to raise the money faster for a turbo/twin turbo and just go on a GT Hunt. It shouldnt have to be thise way when were the same breed and we both benefit one another.

Oh I know about the auto, its probably the best 5spd auto transmission I have driven.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:16 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

The only thing I get is, "why did you get a V6 and not a GT?" First of all, if they have to ask which is it, then why does it matter? Around here you can only go 55 mph and now they have stiff fines for going over the speed limit.
One of the main reasons I didn't buy a GT was I didn't want to be intimidated all the time for a race. When I had my '82 GT, I would constantly get some idiots wanting to race. I would just say, "save it for the track!"
I bought this car for the looks......like I said, I'm not out to race every Tom, Dick & Harry!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:11 PM
MuscleFanatic
1st Gear Member

Dont get me wrong I love my car, and I will be keeping it awhile. I just wanted to know what you all thought/what happened to you out on the road
Old 07-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

I don't let any kind of comments bother me. In all honesty, at the track I have never had any negative comments.It is a big community of like minded folks that are just supporting each other in the pursuit of et's, whether V6 or V8.

Quick Reply: Seriously, once and for all. Why that SIXXER HATE