Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

just got my flowmaster isntalled

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 05:38 AM
proper
2nd Gear Member

Default just got my flowmaster isntalled

just had it done today, got the flowmaster single... sounds great! cant wait to break it in
Old 07-09-2007, 09:41 PM
stang39708

Default RE: just got my flowmaster isntalled

Cool man hopefully I get mine on tommorow..
Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 AM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

yea flowmasters is def the way to go.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 AM
billybix76
2nd Gear Member

Had mine on for 6 months. Skipped the clamp on the pipe and had it welded. Still has the flowmaster signature "pop" on decel when cold , but when warm just purrs or roars depending on right foot pressure...
Old 07-10-2007, 11:37 AM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: billybix76

Had mine on for 6 months. Skipped the clamp on the pipe and had it welded. Still has the flowmaster signature "pop" on decel when cold , but when warm just purrs or roars depending on right foot pressure...
True. With mine, I've had it on since February or something, and it still makes that wonderful throaty, popping noise when I left off the gas; it's great. Certainly not the most refined muffler on the market, but for our Mustangs, I think it sounds just right. "raucous" is a nice word to describe the Flowmaster AT.

proper, take your car somewhere that it'll echo (like surrounded by tall buildings or something), roll the windows down, and get on it a little bit. It's scary how loud the single Flowmaster can get, and it isn't even the loudest one out there. I love walking on it and seeing people 2 blocks down the street turn around to see where all the noise is coming from.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:02 PM
stang39708

ORIGINAL: raubt

True. With mine, I've had it on since February or something, and it still makes that wonderful throaty, popping noise when I left off the gas; it's great. Certainly not the most refined muffler on the market, but for our Mustangs, I think it sounds just right. "raucous" is a nice word to describe the Flowmaster AT.

proper, take your car somewhere that it'll echo (like surrounded by tall buildings or something), roll the windows down, and get on it a little bit. It's scary how loud the single Flowmaster can get, and it isn't even the loudest one out there. I love walking on it and seeing people 2 blocks down the street turn around to see where all the noise is coming from.
Inside parking garages sounds really cool too..
Old 07-10-2007, 03:37 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang39708

ORIGINAL: raubt

Inside parking garages sounds really cool too..
it is pretty cool when you set off car alarms in the parking garages too...
Old 07-10-2007, 04:26 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: proper

just had it done today, got the flowmaster single... sounds great! cant wait to break it in
axle-backs do not break in. what you hear now is what you'll have as long as you own them.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
papichulo71487
1st Gear Member

+1 on the way it sounds in parking garages...i love getting on it when im driving under a freeway
Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

+1 on the flow!

Quick Reply: just got my flowmaster isntalled