Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I just bought my first Mustang and I have some problems...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I just bought my first Mustang and I have some problems...

The doors sills might be part of the IUP, I don't remember.

As for the engine stalling, I haven't had any problems like that - smoothest Stang I've ever owned!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

I have an 06 4.0 Manual Pony Package and the IUP

I have the Aluminum Mustang Door Sill Plates, The black floor mats with the Mustang Logo, ABS, traction control, Wheels, Spoiler, stripes, Sway Bar, Fogs Etc... and also the My Color thingy
Old 07-09-2007, 04:41 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

The pony door sill's aren't FULL aluminum right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is black plastic with an aluminum plate in the center?

For 07, the floor mats aren't spoken for under the pony package or IUP. They need to be specified on the sticker as yours does Timeyer. The IUP is also only satin aluminum and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift **** right? Seems like your dealer is trying to play you How many miles when you bought the car?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Timeyer

The odometer had 15 miles when I test drove the car.

The door sills are 100% plastic. Are there three different doorsills-plastic, half aluminum, and full? I know that the interior upgrade package that I DON'T have includes aluminum sills. My interior package adds aluminum pedals, shift ****, and the same steering wheel pictured above.

What I can't believe is the attitude the salesman gave me when I told him they had installed the wrong mats. It was clear he didn't believe me. They ordered new ones (even though they should just be able to find the right ones), and swap them the next time I'm in town. He had the ***** to tell me to keep the incorrect ones in new condition between now and then. They're already in the trunk as I have all-weather jobs already installed. Still...

I can understand, I put the screws to them price wise. I was going to leavein myold car when they freaked out. At that point we were $2k apart. They kept coming down in $500 and $250 increments, asking me to meet them halfway. I said no, until they'd sell me the car. They seemed surprised that I was sticking to my guns. I was surprised they sold it to me at my lowball price.

The service has to be better however...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:16 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

are you SURE you got the premium package... because with what you got it sounds like the Delux pkg...?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Timeyer

You can't get the pony package with the deluxe model. Thus, I'm pretty sure it is a premium.

The sills are my only question now. Does anyone have a pony package, or plain premium v6 with black plastic sills? I've got the floormat situation figured out, and as far as the stalling is concerned, I'm hoping it was an abberation.

Regards,
Tim
Old 07-09-2007, 10:11 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

The engine is not broken in yet and is still very tight.Might be no problem at all.Did it start right back up?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:20 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

I'm not familiar with the 07.... but I think you have to have the IUP to get the sill plate
ORIGINAL: Timeyer

You can't get the pony package with the deluxe model. Thus, I'm pretty sure it is a premium.

The sills are my only question now. Does anyone have a pony package, or plain premium v6 with black plastic sills? I've got the floormat situation figured out, and as far as the stalling is concerned, I'm hoping it was an abberation.

Regards,
Tim
Old 07-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Timeyer

It started right up, and is thankfully running well. I won't let it happen more than a few times without making a trip to the dealer!
Old 07-10-2007, 02:53 AM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OIIIIO

I'm not familiar with the 07.... but I think you have to have the IUP to get the sill plate
I just double checked on Ford's website, and yes you do need IUP for the aluminum sill plate for an 07.

IUP:
-Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Satin Aluminum Spokes
-Satin Aluminum-Plated Shift Lever with Automatic Transmission
-Bright Polished Register Rings and Bright Shift **** for Manual Transmission
-Satin Aluminum-Plated Door Handles
-Special New Bright Polished Six-Guage Cluster with MyColor Feature and Message Center
-Satin Aluminum Door Sill Scuff Plate with Bright MUSTANG Lettering Insert
-Dark Charcoal Aberdeen Pattern Front Door Panel Inserts

V6 Pony Package:
-Unique Pony Grille with Chrome Bezel and Fog Lamps
-Rear Spoiler
-17" Premium Painted Cast Aluminum Wheels
-Pony Front Fender Badges
-Lower Door Tape Stripe, Available in Black, White or Pearl Gold
-Pony Lower Door Tape Stripe in All 2007MY Colors
-Carpeted Front Floor Mats with Unique Brushed Chrome "MUSTANG" Badge in 2007MY Interior Colors

Quick Reply: I just bought my first Mustang and I have some problems...