Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

can u guys clarify this ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:04 AM
proper
2nd Gear Member

Default can u guys clarify this ?

so if i get a tune/intake... when i need to get my car serviced... just swap out the intake and replace it with the stock one.. and flash back to the original tune... and Ford wont know the difference therefore i wont mess up my powertrain section of my warranty
Old 07-10-2007, 06:40 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Default RE: can u guys clarify this ?

Correct, but you are allowed to upgrade your intake if I remember correctly. So you wouldn't have to take it off.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banka87

Correct, but you are allowed to upgrade your intake if I remember correctly. So you wouldn't have to take it off.
The intake itself isn't the problem, it's the custom tune required to run a decent one like the C&L. If a dealer finds anything other than the factory tune, they can void the whole powertrain warranty.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:08 AM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

ORIGINAL: banka87

The intake itself isn't the problem, it's the custom tune required to run a decent one like the C&L. If a dealer finds anything other than the factory tune, they can void the whole powertrain warranty.
They cannot do that. They can only void the warranty for issues that are proven to caused by they mod you did.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:38 AM
billybix76
2nd Gear Member

They cannot do that. They can only void the warranty for issues that are proven to caused by they mod you did.
I agree they cant, BUT some dealers will try and buffalo you to generate revenue and rip you off. The most common ruse the bad dealers use is to deny any knowledge of your rights as a consumer and Warranty holding owner. And they will also have "never heard of'" anyone modding their mustang in that fashion before, so it can't be covered.....even if they already have five more in the shop at the time they tell you that.....Buyer beware!
Old 07-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i've taken my mustang in twice already for a "DTE FLI DATA ERROR" on my dash display. i have an AEM intake currently installed and they made no comment of it. i did however flash back to the stock tune before taking it in just in case. not sure if they would have made a deal out of it if i left the tune in. also note that my AEM doesn't require a custom tune to function so it shouldn't be compared to the C&L or any other other intake with oversized MAF housings. i do notice that C&L now includes a no-tune insert for their systems, which is the one i will be purchasing. this is great because if for whatever reason you need to reflash to the stock tune, you don't need to uninstall the whole intake and re-install the factory one.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:42 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

c&l no tune insert? where do you insert that... you cant run a c&l without a tune.. where can i get this...
Old 07-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

check out RPMOUTLET.com. i also read it on C&L's web site. looks like its inserted into the MAF housing.

here's the C&L link:
http://www.cnlperformance.com/notune.html
Old 07-10-2007, 02:27 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

o ok... so i dont have to remove the new intake and put back the stock one.... i can just leave it in there? cuz im splitting the car with my parents...and they got that 100,000 mile powertrain/drivetrain/body sometihng like that warranty... and i dont wanna waste their money by havin an intake and messing up certain parts of the warranty
Old 07-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

I had a similar question about the exhaust. I have a GT takeoff on the passenger side. If I have to take the car in for service, should I put the stock exhaust back on?

Quick Reply: can u guys clarify this ?