Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Takeoffs

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:08 AM
boudreaux
1st Gear Member

Default GT Takeoffs

Okay - - after trying to decide what to do with the exhaust on my new 07 sixxer andjumping back and forth from single to dual, Flowmasters to MRT Aero Turbines and all over the place in between...I finally made my "current" decision...hahaha... (I refuse to say final because nothing ever is final when it comes to mods on a car).

I found a pair of GT Takeoffs, which most people on here seem to be pretty happy with - so that is what I am going with. So now the questions....

1. Does a single GT takeoff sound decent? Does two GT Takeoffs sound THAT much better than one?
2. Where can I find the setup for going cat back dual (without having to order a whole kit that includes different mufflers)?
3. Should I go X-pipe or H-Pipe? Which one adds more HP and which one has a better sound (or is it a personal preference)?

Any and all information will be greatly APPRECIATED!!

THANKS>>>>>>
Old 07-12-2007, 10:20 AM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: GT Takeoffs

ORIGINAL: boudreaux

Okay - - after trying to decide what to do with the exhaust on my new 07 sixxer andjumping back and forth from single to dual, Flowmasters to MRT Aero Turbines and all over the place in between...I finally made my "current" decision...hahaha... (I refuse to say final because nothing ever is final when it comes to mods on a car).

I found a pair of GT Takeoffs, which most people on here seem to be pretty happy with - so that is what I am going with. So now the questions....

1. Does a single GT takeoff sound decent? Does two GT Takeoffs sound THAT much better than one?
2. Where can I find the setup for going cat back dual (without having to order a whole kit that includes different mufflers)?
3. Should I go X-pipe or H-Pipe? Which one adds more HP and which one has a better sound (or is it a personal preference)?

Any and all information will be greatly APPRECIATED!!

THANKS>>>>>>
Great thinking! I have a single GT take-off and I love it It sounds much better than stock. I don'y know how the dual would sound in comparision I have heard that they soumd even better. I have read on here about ninosports dual conversion pipes that are a direct bolt on to our cars. I believe they run about 275 for the kit. I think I will be going that way when I do the second exhaust. Good luck
Old 07-12-2007, 10:57 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

The GT takeoffs have 2 different part #s.
One for auto tranny and one for manual.
The ones on the manual GT sound better
than the Automatic GT take-offs.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:06 AM
boudreaux
1st Gear Member

there are two different exhausts? I have the manual - - so if the pipes are from an auto is it going to suck?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

lol, both the auto and manual work, just the manaul sounds better. and yes i have the single gt take-off. It sounds very good. The gt- take off is the muffler that can never be called ricy no matter what. every other muffler has been called ricey at one point or another by someone, but never a gt-takeoff. it is quiet at crusing speeds and really sounds nice when u get on it, its a good buy.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

Why would the one for a manual sound better? Is it a different muffler?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

My single GT take-off sounds great ... as far as I can tell it was from an Automatic car. Not sure what the differences are but there are different part numbers and the replacement Manual mufflersare quite a bit more expensive for some reason. I just puchased a set of factory hangers and the factory left side mid-pipe. As soon as my car is out of the body shop I'll be doing the dual conversion with an H-pipe.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:32 PM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

yea ive heard that the manuals sound better, but ive never heard an auto one so i dont know, but mine sounds good. lol
Old 07-12-2007, 04:27 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Tubra

Why would the one for a manual sound better? Is it a different muffler?
ReRead my post above.
2 different part #s for GT passenger sidemufflers.
One part # is for the GT with a automatic trans.
and another for the GT with a manual tans.
The GT muffler that comes on a GT with a
manual transmission is the one you want.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:16 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Do you know the part numbers? If so would you share them with us?

Quick Reply: GT Takeoffs