Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bad Omen ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:06 AM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Default Bad Omen ?

I was over at the ford dealer tonight with my 9yr old son to pickup a new white V6 2007 basic model . I was trading in my 04 Focus for a 5,500.00 down payment on their 15,375.00rebate included Stang for my new Daily Driver.I asked the dealer if I can move the car to the front of their office before we finished up with all the paperwork, needless to say the car would not start due to the starguard system malfunctioning. They said they would fix it on Monday and would let borrow a used GT for a loaner or untill it was fixed. I passed on their offer for the loaner and now reconsidering this wholetransaction in general . What do you guys think I should do?
Old 07-15-2007, 08:15 AM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bad Omen ?

hard to say... it is a BAD way to start out, maybe it IS trying to tell you something.

Is there anything else on their lot you like??
Old 07-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

the v6 is a great DD. its mine and it gets me from point a to point b. only a little faster then most daily drivers hahah. all in all its a great car. personally i hate the focus's just because i drove one and it was the biggest piece i have ever driven. it had 50K on it but still. its all up to you. go with what u feel is right.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:34 PM
wyldwmn65
2nd Gear Member

I understand where you are coming from, I traded in a Focus on my '05 Mustang, and 2 days after I signed the papers, i came out of the grocery store to find my car sitting in a puddle of gas. I had some major bad omen feelings, but 14 months later and a gas tank repair, I don't question my decision, and knock on wood (knocking on my head) I have had nothing but a positive experience.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

I think it is an omen for the type of problems you might have. Why do I say that? Read on.

The night I picked up my car, after days of searching, a big F-350 opened its monster-doors right into my driver door. Left me a big dent. The dealer scheduled me to fix it and gave me a couple oil changes free of charge (I still have them, I just do it myself). Next, the week after getting my car fixed, while I'm driving to class at 6 am, I am greeted by a deer who decides to make a death-run across my two-lane road; killed my passenger side headlight, broke my bumper, cracked my grill all to hell and destroyed my fog lights.

2k dollars later, and an annoyed insurance company (Counted as an act of god, not my fault!), I recieved my car again. Dealer had the car for a week, I got mine back and then, while driving to class again, blew a tire. I was in heavy traffic, couldn't pull over for a hundred feet or so. I ruined the tire, had to buy a new one.

Then, four or five months passed and I was into the infamous "Lovebug season, down here in Florida". Well, one day they decimated my car so I got my washing sponge and proceeded to scrub my hood and bumper to get my bugs off. Turns out, there was sand all over my sponge. [:@] Now I have these lovely groups of hair-fine scratches all over the front of my hood. I still haven't gotten them fixed because I want a new hood anyway.

So, while it may not be a bad omen. There is always a possible that it is an omen. Use your best judgement.

Please Note. I love my car to death but sometimes...I get really annoyed with the things that happen to her.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:55 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

What the hell is starguard?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:43 AM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my first mustang

What the hell is starguard?
its a car alarm system,
and by the looks of things not a very good one:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Car-Alarm...stallation.htm

don't fault the car for the alarm, fault the alarm.

if you believe strongly enough about omens: like the dent guy (sorry about your experience), then you'll believe it to be destiny.

ahhh, just make sure its right for you before you pull off the lot.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:40 AM
06jalmustang

When i bought my mustang three days later i had basically the same problem in my driveway!! Also due to a cheap aftermarket alarm system. (car was usedwith a little under 9,000 miles) I called the ford dealer and they got a truck right over to tow it back to dealer. Two hours later they called me and told me they removed the alarm system and everything was fine. I personally have not had a problem with the electrical system since. doesnt mean i havent had other problems like the drivers seat cover being replaced and the carpet being replaced due to astupid design on the hooky thing that holds the floor mat.other then that its an awesome car.So i think you just have to think if its worth it to you.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the feed back. I went back to the dealer today and they replaced the wiring harness with a new one , test drove it for 30 miles and decided to take the car. Guess what happened next, the (Cork $ockn Matha Forkin #!*! ) Manager says that they could not honor the deal due to it was Monday and he was'nt going to lose money on a Monday. For a split secondI was thinking the new Camaro to get back at Ford but came back to the Real World , it was'nt fords fault but the stealerships. Im never ever doing bus. with PERRY FORD OF NATIONAL CITY , CA (FRIKEN PRIkEZ)
Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redcobrasc

Thanks for all the feed back. I went back to the dealer today and they replaced the wiring harness with a new one , test drove it for 30 miles and decided to take the car. Guess what happened next, the (Cork $ockn Matha Forkin #!*! ) Manager says that they could not honor the deal due to it was Monday and he was'nt going to lose money on a Monday. For a split secondI was thinking the new Camaro to get back at Ford but came back to the Real World , it was'nt fords fault but the stealerships. Im never ever doing bus. with PERRY FORD OF NATIONAL CITY , CA (FRIKEN PRIkEZ)
Woooow! I've never heard anything so ridiculous in my life! That's crazy! If I'm ever in CA for a new car, I won't be going there! [:@] Sorry, man, that sucks! Don't give up on the 6 though, they're great cars and they inspire a lot of love...just like all Mustangs.

Quick Reply: Bad Omen ?