Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The next turbo system

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 AM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The next turbo system

ORIGINAL: sdsguy
.....what will happen when i have 5 grand?
bald tires.....
Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ismellhonda

ORIGINAL: sdsguy
.....what will happen when i have 5 grand?
bald tires.....
+1 LOL
This is a kit that creates huge TQ numbers too. It offers a whole lot of potential and well it will make the car evern mofe fun to drive.....
NOW where can I come up with the money!~
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 AM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

thats TurboJ's car.....the Bad Wolf ....sweet system for 4500
Old 07-17-2007, 11:35 AM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

I have the pleassure of bearing the 001 production id of the kit. It is just sick!!

I am trying to get a little time from work to post some vidio and numbers both track and Dyno with the stock tune at 7.5 psi....... that will really demonstrate how big the base of this kit really is.

For now I'll share that it sounds really good, full boost at 3,200 rpm and it pulls like ****....

This is a high quality Kit SS lifetime piping, Precision turbo, Tial wasteGate, Boost controller (billet), the list goes on......

Old 07-17-2007, 01:00 PM
tilt
2nd Gear Member

Sixer, look forward to hearing all about it!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Their website says something like the install requires only a little "cutting and welding" on the exhaust. What do they mean by that?

I would probably be in on the group buy if someone puts it together....

How difficult is the install A_Sixer? What tools are required?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:23 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

ORIGINAL: hataap

"A kit for the Automatic is currently in development."

aaahhh!!!
i wouldn't worry too much about that. The auto version will be out fairly soon. This just gives you more time to get the cash together! i just need to sell my paintball gun on ebay and then i have enough for the "full throttle" version without the x-cal which is exactly what i need .

mmmmmm i cant wait to eat me some ls1's.
id be careful with that. very easy to get a n/a ls1 into the low 12s, high 11s.
yes but there is a kid at seaholm, our rivaling school that wears pink polo's with popped collars, has a spikey hair cut and wears sunglasses to parties...at night and he thinks he is the ****. He drives a stock ls1 maro. Can't wait to embarass him in front of his disgusting gf.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

yes but there is a kid at seaholm, our rivaling school that wears pink polo's with popped collars, has a spikey hair cut and wears sunglasses to parties...at night and he thinks he is the ****. He drives a stock ls1 maro. Can't wait to embarass him in front of his disgusting gf.
Nah!, just do it for the sweet sound of the BOV.....puts a grin on my face everytime!!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:45 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: A_Sixer

Nah!, just do it for the sweet sound of the BOV.....puts a grin on my face everytime!!
oh im gonna do it for myself. This is just a perk that i get to put down the ****** in my area.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Turbo_J

Hi All,

My name is Jennifer Wolf. I'm co-owner of Forced4 Motorsports and the developer of the Torque Twister kit for the 4.0 Mustang. Tino put me on to this thread. I'll try to answer a few questions for you.

A little cutting and welding refers to the removal of the stock exhaust at the cats and the welding of flanges on to the end of the cats. If you run a dual exhaust you can get the optional Y pipe and the system on your car would need to be trimmed back a few inches past the H pipe towards the rear of the car. For single exhaust, a temporary mild steel pipe is included that ties the 3 inch pipe to the stock 2.5 inch mid pipe (this is temporary because it is required you run a full 3 inch exhaust if you stay with a single pipe). How to measure and install these pipes is explained in the instructions that come with the kit.

Oil return can be done one of two ways. The pan can be tapped for the return line or you can buy an optional pump and run the return in to the oil drain at the bottom of the pan or in to the valve cover. These return pumps drive up the cost of the kit, but for some, not having to drill and tap is worth the cost of admission. Pump pricing and availability will be listed on the site soon

On group buys. The current pricing of the kit is an introductory special... What you are seeing is what would be the group buy pricing without the need to put one together. The regular price of the kit is $4400 (base without Xcal 2) The current pricing is good until the 15th of August.

As for numbers on the kit. Due to slight differences in the final production version vs. what is on my car, Tino's numbers will be the best representation of the power the production kit will produce. E.G My wastegate has a 6.5 PSI spring in it and the AEM Tru-Boost controller vs. the production version of 7.32 PSI spring and manual controller. Furthermore, during testing, my power output at higher boost and a poorly developed base tune were limited to the stock clutch on the car.

The following are development numbers only.

9 PSI - 324 RWHP 406 RWTQ, seeing 395 lbs ft @ 3100 RPM. sub 10:1 AF
11 PSI - 346 RWHP 476 RWTQ before blowing the clutch free at 3500 RPM
11 PSI Nursed - part throttle to 3800 RPM, WOT to 5200 (where it blew the MAF 5 volt limit- 349 RWHP 423 RWTQ

Car ran a best of 13.356 @ 106.71 MPH on 8 PSI - full street trim (as pictured in my sig), no weigh reduction, no tire pressure adjustments and me behind the wheel. I got worse at launching after that and was hot lapping the car, but I've posted the video of the three runs that followed the 13.356
http://forced4.com/images/projects/0...t_time_out.wmv

If you have any questions you can PM me or email me @ jaw@forced4.com

Thanks,

Jenna

Quick Reply: The next turbo system