Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Default Detailing

If nothing else my stang is clean, I seek perfection when I am detailing. From all the pics I have seen on here, you guys share the same Infactuation with your ride as I do. The engine compartment, in my view, is absolutely the hardest to detail and get right. I thought I would start this post to share some tips as to keeping the dreaded engine compartment clean. If your like me you finish with a showroom shine, sore back, and 10 busted knuckles..hehe

So whats you best engine detailing tip?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:19 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Detailing

After I have dried off the car (detail spray when wet.. then dry with microfiber), I use that microfiber towel to wipe the bay out. I do this whenever I clean the car. Easy maintenance.

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

If nothing else my stang is clean, I seek perfection when I am detailing. From all the pics I have seen on here, you guys share the same Infactuation with your ride as I do. The engine compartment, in my view, is absolutely the hardest to detail and get right. I thought I would start this post to share some tips as to keeping the dreaded engine compartment clean. If your like me you finish with a showroom shine, sore back, and 10 busted knuckles..hehe

So whats you best engine detailing tip?
Old 07-16-2007, 12:28 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

Good thread...lookin forward to the knowledge that'll be comin out of here.

But you may be able to find some answers in here:

https://mustangforums.com/searchpro....p;timefilter=0

By the way...here's the Detailing "How To" (you guys have probably seen this already but here ya go incase ya haven't:

https://mustangforums.com/m_3061659/tm.htm

Hope this helped
Old 07-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

I was also looking forward to the info that would come from this, apparently everyone would rather get a intake and tuner than wash their car...haha
Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

BTW, some great information on those links, thanks King Cash!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:35 PM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Anyone have a good way to remove those damn advertisement stickers that dealers put on your car?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banka87

Anyone have a good way to remove those damn advertisement stickers that dealers put on your car?
yes, try "Goo Gone". it gets rid of the sticky, gummy stuff of most surfaces including windows. works like a charm. i bought 1 bottle just to remove one sticker off my car. you can have the rest.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Take a heat gun, mine is wagner power stripper, evenly heat up the decal and soon you will see it raise a little and you can easily peel it off by hand. Then to remove the residue you could use goo gone, but everyone doesnt have goo gone laying around, but everyone has WD-40. Put WD-40 on a rag and it will remove the residue with ease.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:17 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banka87

I know this doesn't help you but,
I didn't let them put those POS's on my baby. They get pissy about it but they didn't get near my baby with their logo. I just told them that if they put it on I would charge them a $.43 per mile advertising fee, which you can do in Arkansas, not sure about other states.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

+1 to that. wd-40 is also good for cleaning the metal in the engine. im mean like the TB and that kind. not sure if its alluminum or not? but it works wonders.

Quick Reply: Detailing