Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2005 V6 with factory duals. Myth or fact?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 V6 with factory duals. Myth or fact?

ORIGINAL: chrisc

the stampede edition had duals from the factory. it was not a dealer thing. it also had a tlok and rally stripes
Stampede's were covered in this thread. I trust Bascho and if he says they are not a Ford factory model, I'll believe him

https://mustangforums.com/m_3139191/tm.htm
Old 08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Here's the marketing copy...

Texas and Oklahoma Ford dealers are offering an exclusive Mustang that’s sure to become a collector’s item. Only 500 of the special-edition Mustangs will be sold, authenticated with an engraved, numbered plaque.
“Mustang has a long tradition of offering special packages like the Twister and California Special,” says Mark Grueber, Ford marketing strategy manager for the Southwest region. “We have a special Texas Edition F-150 and Super Duty, and Mustang is such a part of the Texas landscape, we thought it would be a natural fit.”
The Stampede Edition Mustang V-6 coupe builds on the Pony Package, featuring 17-inch, painted-aluminum wheels and a pony grille with integrated fog lamps. The Stampede adds wide, 9-inch silver racing stripes, exclusive Stampede badging (including a Stampede Edition gas cap), chrome pony spinner caps, chrome exhaust tips and a rear spoiler.
The Interior Upgrade Package adds the unique MyColor™ Instrument Panel Display, offering up to 125 color backgrounds at the touch of a button, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The standard Shaker 500 audio system features a six-disc CD player; a Shaker 1000 audio system is also available. The Interior Upgrade Package includes six-way power seats. Carpeted front floor mats carry unique brushed-chrome “Mustang” badging.
“A lot of customers are looking for something unique,” says Grueber. They want to “Texasize” their vehicles. The Stampede gives them the opportunity to own something unique.”
All 500 Stampede Mustangs have been produced and are on their way to one of the roughly 300 Ford dealers in Oklahoma and Texas.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

Texas and Oklahoma Ford dealers are offering an exclusive Mustang that’s sure to become a collector’s item. Only 500 of the special-edition Mustangs will be sold, authenticated with an engraved, numbered plaque.
“Mustang has a long tradition of offering special packages like the Twister and California Special,” says Mark Grueber, Ford marketing strategy manager for the Southwest region. “We have a special Texas Edition F-150 and Super Duty, and Mustang is such a part of the Texas landscape, we thought it would be a natural fit.”
The Stampede Edition Mustang V-6 coupe builds on the Pony Package, featuring 17-inch, painted-aluminum wheels and a pony grille with integrated fog lamps. The Stampede adds wide, 9-inch silver racing stripes, exclusive Stampede badging (including a Stampede Edition gas cap), chrome pony spinner caps, chrome exhaust tips and a rear spoiler.
The Interior Upgrade Package adds the unique MyColor™ Instrument Panel Display, offering up to 125 color backgrounds at the touch of a button, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The standard Shaker 500 audio system features a six-disc CD player; a Shaker 1000 audio system is also available. The Interior Upgrade Package includes six-way power seats. Carpeted front floor mats carry unique brushed-chrome “Mustang” badging.
“A lot of customers are looking for something unique,” says Grueber. They want to “Texasize” their vehicles. The Stampede gives them the opportunity to own something unique.”
All 500 Stampede Mustangs have been produced and are on their way to one of the roughly 300 Ford dealers in Oklahoma and Texas.
I think seeing a genuine Ford window sticker with Stampede listed as an option would settle this. Anybody got one?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

just saw a brand new v6 at lunch today and saw that it had dual exhaust, hoodscoop, stripes, 17" bullits and even noticed the sway bar underneath the rear. looked like a dealership thing however. probably trying to make it look like a limited "California Special" or something. Clever those dealerships are, unless.......its all true. ford factory playing tricks on us....haha [8D]
Old 08-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I think this source is a bit more creditable..

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115268

article quote "chrome exhaust tips" Tips implies it has dual outlet exhaust.

hmm..this source states "chrome exhaust tip" singular.... welp, anyones guess then. [&:]

http://www.autoweb.com/content/share...le_id_int/1317
Old 08-01-2007, 06:20 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckshot Barry

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

I think seeing a genuine Ford window sticker with Stampede listed as an option would settle this. Anybody got one?
There is a guy on this forum who has one......I can't recall his name though.

The article above states, "chrome exhaust tips".....meaning there is more than one......like duals. I think if it were just one, it would have stated chrome exhaust tip.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

The article above states, "chrome exhaust tips".....meaning there is more than one......like duals. I think if it were just one, it would have stated chrome exhaust tip.
The member issktrstangs

The thread about the Stampede edition ended on May 1, 2007 without ever getting an actual scan of his window sticker, even though he states that it says Stampede on it

https://mustangforums.com/m_3139191/mpage_3/key_/tm.htm

If theseV6 duals are genuine Ford parts, shouldn't there be part numbers available for the driver's side pipes and other components?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

I think this source is a bit more creditable..

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115268

article quote "chrome exhaust tips" Tips implies it has dual outlet exhaust.

hmm..this source states "chrome exhaust tip" singular.... welp, anyones guess then. [&:]

http://www.autoweb.com/content/share...le_id_int/1317

hey, the v6 i saw earlier today during lunch looked exactly like this stampede edition:
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/1...ampede.500.jpg
I'm wondering what this stampede edition is doing in California...[>:]....ha. anyways, in case you guys are still wondering about the exhaust "tips", the one i saw today did have dual exhaust and they weren't the factory axlebacks that come on the standard v6 or GT. almost looked like they could have been catbacks or maybe something similar to magnaflows where you don't see the actual muffler, just the chrome tips.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckshot Barry

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

The member issktrstangs

The thread about the Stampede edition ended on May 1, 2007 without ever getting an actual scan of his window sticker, even though he states that it says Stampede on it

https://mustangforums.com/m_3139191/mpage_3/key_/tm.htm

If theseV6 duals are genuine Ford parts, shouldn't there be part numbers available for the driver's side pipes and other components?
Doesn't Ford have x-pipes? If so, I'm betting they are on that Stampede. Interestingquestion would be what kind of mufflers they are using....off brand like Flowmaters or Borla or did they just bolt on the GTs like many of us have?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:17 PM
birdoffire7
2nd Gear Member

Myth.

Quick Reply: 2005 V6 with factory duals. Myth or fact?