Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nitrous on a sixer

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous on a sixer

http://www.americanmuscle.com/niexfoefikin.htmlso that is the kit that im looking at. id probably go with a 75hp shot. sorry if this is a newb question but what exactly is a window switch? also for rygen and screaming, when u do spray does the car just take off. i mean what does it feel like from inside the car. just a big boost of power? im really contemplating going with n20
Old 08-02-2007, 07:42 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Someone chime in if im wrong. lol Im almost surenitrous is a form of FI. Well screamin blew his motor cause he spayed to early from what I can remember. Thats why he said don't get to to greedy. A window switch will set the nitous off at a certainSAFErpm automatically I think. This is what screamin didn't have. He wanted a more so he pressed the button earlyer and when he was done with his run he blew a piston or something. Went home on 5 cylinders. oh and from what i've been told nitrous will but you back in your seat harder then a turbo or supercharger. So you will feel it. lol
Old 08-02-2007, 07:49 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dwisforme05

http://www.americanmuscle.com/niexfoefikin.htmlso that is the kit that im looking at. id probably go with a 75hp shot. sorry if this is a newb question but what exactly is a window switch? also for rygen and screaming, when u do spray does the car just take off. i mean what does it feel like from inside the car. just a big boost of power? im really contemplating going with n20
A window switch allows you to set at what the RPM you want to the spray to come on and go off at... you use this in conjunction WITH the WOT switch... You should set your window switch probably between 2500 and 3000 RPM.. My problem is I went WOT at like 2000 RPM and sprayed... and kaboom... soooo.. with a window switch set to say 3,000 RPM you can go WOT and the spray won't come on until you hit 3,000 RPM... but remember you have to have BOTH conditions, WOT AND 3,000 RPM!

You can also set the window switches "Off" RPM.. This helps with the over-reving if you hit WOT late in the RPM range...

Well... with street tires i didn't really feel a lot because of tire spin... it was like spray, spin, go... but the first time i spray the 100HP shot with drag radials... OMG!!! It frigging sat me back (yes, like in the movies! LOL). I was so suprised how hard it hit (this was dr on a properly preped track for FFW) i was literally shaking from the adrenilan going down the track!! LOL

Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

haha thats what i expected but yeah i would definatly get the window switch, i just need to research it all a little more. is a bottle warmer necissary if i live in GA where we really dont get winters. plus no way in hell will i be using this on the streets.