Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hello, new owner got a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello, new owner got a few questions...

Doug must be a busy busy man lately. It took him a while to answer my email after i made a purchase with him but i thought i got my order in a fair amount of time. i think maybe he's trying to still do everything himself and is overloaded with orders and emails. i would give him a little more time before you think about cancelling your order. try to find his number and give him a call before anything. also, check on his website and log in to your account to see the status of your order. if its listed as being processed, you should be good and will only have to wait. take it from me, the wait will be worth it!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

But online they sell them in sets, and I don't want 2 of them, I have no desire to go dual.
If you want a GT take-off you would be much better off to get the set for $79. Put one of them on and store the other. Mufflers do go bad especially if you are going to be driving in the rain. And down the road when it starts to go you will have another one in storage ready to go. Look at it this way, do you stop for gas and put in $5 instead of filling up knowing you will need it down the road?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:00 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill
If you want a GT take-off you would be much better off to get the set for $79. Put one of them on and store the other. Mufflers do go bad especially if you are going to be driving in the rain. And down the road when it starts to go you will have another one in storage ready to go. Look at it this way, do you stop for gas and put in $5 instead of filling up knowing you will need it down the road?
Yes but it will be the wrong side. You can't just use either muffler on either side. Right?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:02 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

But online they sell them in sets, and I don't want 2 of them, I have no desire to go dual.
FYI - When you buy two take-off mufflers, each one is specific for that side of the car. The driver's side muffler will NOT fit on the passenger side.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:05 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

correct they are side specific...not sure what he was thinking. buying a takeoff set is still cheaper though. look on ebay.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:07 PM
kindred169
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28HopUp

FYI - When you buy two take-off mufflers, each one is specific for that side of the car. The driver's side muffler will NOT fit on the passenger side.
+1 Very important point!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

probably a brain fart..... if you're gonna buy a set, might as well make it dual. if you're gonna buy two for the same side, maybe paint one black and the other silver/gray and add a chrome tip to them both. although they sound good and make nice results, they are not very attractive looking in stock form.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

I know they are side specific but isnt that just the hanger?? If so thats nothing a MIG/TIG wouldnt take care of.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:10 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I know they are side specific but isnt that just the hanger?? If so thats nothing a MIG/TIG wouldnt take care of.
Not really, because if you cut the hangers and flip it upside down, the exhaust tip will be crooked. Example, my dual GT take offs have the chrome tips, so if I flipped it upside down, my taper on the tops would be upside down as well.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

Well I got my C&L cai and XCAL2 from Doug today! Simple bolt on, and loaded up the 87 perf tune. Took it for a spin. There is a definite difference in throttle response. I didn't notice much down low, but after it wound up and got high in the revs, it reminded me of a two stroke bike hitting the power band. I haven't loaded the 93 torq or 93 perf tunes, as I haven't put 93 in it yet. It took a while to get it, and Doug did finally get back to me on email. Must be one busy guy. I took the flowmaster off right after the long road trip, got the stocker on there right now. I may pull the trigger on a FRPP, or a GT axle back, don't know yet.... All that's left is to installthe pony grille, and I'll be set for a while on the mods.

Quick Reply: Hello, new owner got a few questions...