Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So do you wave to other mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 AM
slider0708

Default RE: So do you wave to other mustangs?

I find myself waving more and more to the stangs. As everbody was saying though its only with the s197's, but in my town it seems like it is only the sixers who are wave.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:18 AM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

Dude, where do you live? I want to meet those YOUNG ladies.

ORIGINAL: KingKung

i just got mine and i always think about waving but where i live mostly middle aged women drive mustangs so id feel weird
Old 08-20-2007, 06:13 AM
TheBlackPearl
2nd Gear Member

people don't wave around here because we're all massholes.

I used to wave, but there is so many people that just drive around with their nose up, that they didn't see me.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:41 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I was driving home and came up behind a 67 stang painted almost the same color blue as my car. As I approached him, he put his arm out the window and gave me a big thumbs up. As I passed him he screamed out the window, "Go baby go!". He was heading in the same direction as me, and as I turned and he drove on, he honked and I honked back.

This was an older guy in his 50's-60's and obviously loved his stang. It was really cool to see my stang and one 40 years older cruising down the road
Old 08-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i wave to other s-197 owners, v6 or gt's. normally its a thumbs up. on the other hand sn95 owners ALWAYS WANT TO RACE ME. not the 3.8's but the GT's think that if i pull up at a light next to them i want to race them. its rediculas.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:00 AM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

I wave/nod/thumbs up to all muscle car/mustang people. If you look like you take pride in your car, you get a greeting. I usually get a good response. On the way home from work the other day...I caught an attractive woman of about 40.. and her husband, admiring my pony at a stop light. I read her lips as she said "WOW.....pretty Mustang"....I was smiling at her as I rolled down my window.(she blushed) People just love the looks of these cars. The husband asked me "Do you know how do drive that thing son?" (thing sounded more like THaaaaaANG) .....I smiled and said "well hell yeah....."...the light turned green as I was talking to the couple.........(car behind me honked) ...... I looked over to the couple and winked at the wife...(husband started laughing)...waved to the husband..(who smiled and waved back)....then peeled away with more than a little tire noise..(and a bit of smoke).........they never stopped smiling........
............people just love these cars. It turns heads everywhere we go.........
Americans LOVE Mustangs.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:23 AM
TRYMY4.0
2nd Gear Member

i wave to

'03-'04 Cobras...other boosted mustangs (if I can see their intercooler) or nicelt modded mustang with staggered rims, slammed, etc... But MOST mustangs in this area are just plain jane.

i get a bunch of people that yell and roll down the window and compliment.

just yesterday i played with a stroked Z06 and he had kind words after. If you do them right you get noticed everywhere.

I drive 100miles a day in my car and I get little kids waving, holding signs "i love ur car", thumbs up, all sorts of fun people.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:05 AM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

helz yea hom slice
Old 08-21-2007, 09:24 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I wave or give a thumbs up to every stang I see, and usually get a nod, wave or thumbs up in return. Its a great car club to belong to.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:34 AM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

I have always gotten/returned waves with the 66 and when I got the 07 I thought it would be the same...NOT.

Istill keep an eye out for stangs and try to make eye contactfor the occasional wave.

Quick Reply: So do you wave to other mustangs?