Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

v6 just doesnt do it for me

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: v6 just doesnt do it for me

WRONG.... incase you couldnt tell Im a Police Officer, I was the 3rd RMP on the scene, after HP requested assistance to block the road off because the guy was dragged 100 yards sector cars were there to help.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:00 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Well ... I'm 40 ... and my 6 banger is my daily driver, has a decent stereo and A/C. Also allows me to take my son with me. I'll have an X-Charger installed someday ... the supercharger is definitely cheaper than a motorcycle. However, when I have the need for a little speed ... I hop on my Buell ... having both a car and a bike is the way to go ...

Old 09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Well ... I'm 40 ... and my 6 banger is my daily driver, has a decent stereo and A/C. Also allows me to take my son with me. I'll have an X-Charger installed someday ... the supercharger is definitely cheaper than a motorcycle. However, when I have the need for a little speed ... I hop on my Buell ... having both a car and a bike is the way to go ...

That thing is beautiful! What is that? I don't even like bikes that much and that is something I wouldn't mind having as a weekend toy.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

That's a 2006 Buell XB12Scg .... see http://www.buell.com

Two-Wheel American Muscle .....
Old 09-03-2007, 06:58 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

WRONG.... incase you couldnt tell Im a Police Officer, I was the 3rd RMP on the scene, after HP requested assistance to block the road off because the guy was dragged 100 yards sector cars were there to help.
Oh........ Your a cop !!! So becuase you were at an accidentyou feel that this guy shouldn't ride!!
So with the same thinking you shouldn't be a cop since I feel bad for the family that has to be notified that you've been shot on the job! Silly right?
Look Officer man life has risks if this kid was my son I would prefer to teach him to respect the bike and learn how to ride properly rather than trying to scare him with half assed facts that most likely never happen to him if he is safe. While your at it why don't you tell him never have sex since he may get sick too!
Like I said I've been riding for 36 years and never broke a bone and I have many friends that haven't either. I do have some friends that are no longer with us too but it does happen. If we want a perfectly safe road we should all go back to model T's and dirt roads and even then we won't be safe.
If the OP wants some advise on riding motorcycles he should consult guys that have experience riding not paranoid guys that don't know what they are talking about. Seems to me that you too have modded your car. Why do that if your not going to push the gas. IMO
Old 09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Alloyed

ORIGINAL: dmhines

That thing is beautiful! What is that? I don't even like bikes that much and that is something I wouldn't mind having as a weekend toy.
Nice scooter man! I have a 2002 road glide as well as my mustang
Old 09-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"don't know what they are talking about"

in 4 years I have been to about 30 bike accidents, 80% were kids, and 90% were speeding/reckless. I dont care about human nature and how you tell someone to drive, I look at facts, and maybe you were one of the sane ones out there who respects the law, and safety but alot dont.

"rather than trying to scare him with half assed facts that most likely never happen to him if he is safe"

Ok drive drunk too! you may not get in an accident

I mod my car because I like it to look good, and sound nice. Does that mean I speed? No more than anyone else, and I have the upper hand because I went through EVOC, and after observing how people respond to traffic conditions I can tell how to handle the car safely.

"So with the same thinking you shouldn't be a cop since I feel bad for the family that has to be notified that you've been shot on the job!"

Im out there everynight putting my life on the line to save others NOT looking for a joy ride.
You gave your oppinion, as Im giving mine.

Question- Have you ever opened your bike up? because all it takes is one time to wipe out.

oh well, have fun with whatever you decide, and think about your actions.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

You want to know what the commonresponse is to me after a notification to a parent is

"I never should have let him get that damn motorcycle"

you want to know what most kids say when they are giving there statement is

"I never should have gotten that damn motorcycle"

think about that!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:22 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

"don't know what they are talking about"

in 4 years I have been to about 30 bike accidents, 80% were kids, and 90% were speeding/reckless. I dont care about human nature and how you tell someone to drive, I look at facts, and maybe you were one of the sane ones out there who respects the law, and safety but alot dont.

"rather than trying to scare him with half assed facts that most likely never happen to him if he is safe"

Ok drive drunk too! you may not get in an accident

I mod my car because I like it to look good, and sound nice. Does that mean I speed? No more than anyone else, and I have the upper hand because I went through EVOC, and after observing how people respond to traffic conditions I can tell how to handle the car safely.

"So with the same thinking you shouldn't be a cop since I feel bad for the family that has to be notified that you've been shot on the job!"

Im out there everynight putting my life on the line to save others NOT looking for a joy ride.
You gave your oppinion, as Im giving mine.

Question- Have you ever opened your bike up? because all it takes is one time to wipe out.

oh well, have fun with whatever you decide, and think about your actions.

You have the upper hand cause yur a cop and won't get ticketed you have the same chance of getting hit as any one of us.
Like I said before trying to discourage the the guy from riding responsably cause many don't is stupid.
As for your example of "why not drive drunk cause you may not get into an accident" is equally stupid worries me that someone who gets paid to make resonable desicions can draw that paralel.
Let me educate you ..... Driving drunk is ILLEGAL (look it up in your hand book). Riding a motorcycle is NOT even at 17.
I encouraged the young man to learn how to ride and he agreed, but some how you have the need to rail road that because of your prejudice.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:26 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fastmxer9

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

What's the insurance rate on a bike like that?
In FL if the bike is paid off you dont even need insurance. dont know about other states.
Ummm, I'm calling B.S here! I lived in Fl for 26 yrs, had two bikes...even if it's paid for you MUST carry LIABILITY....just in case you damage another person's property. It's ILLEGAL in FL to not have insurance no matter what you drive...I think even a boat now has to be insured, based on mass of 1700lbs or more.