Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Productive day....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:17 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default Productive day....

Well sunday i woke up at 815 and was on my way to a car gathering which by the time we got there was filled and the cops didnt allow people in....so when I got home it was like 10, and i didnt have to be at work till 2 so i decided to do some stuff.

First off, I ripped the mustang stripes off the side, IMO its much cleaner and i cant believe I waited this long to do it. Basically all it incurred was a hairdryer at the ends of each strip then behind the tape as it unpealed.

Next, I had boughten pedal covers off ebay for 38 bux, which i decided to put on, took like 5 minutes to do....hairdryer the back of the old clutch/brake pedal and peal off. Then heat the new pedals and stretch them around. For the accelerator pedal I had to stick it over the existing pedal and then i put some c-clamps over it to make it hold better (24 hours). http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...:IT&ih=018 these actually had a ford part number on the back of them which was extremely interesting.....I forgot to copy down the numbers first. They could be sold for really cheap through ford parts if you ahve the number

When I finished that the clock was down to an hour and 45 minutes so after having my front calipers painted for months now, I decided to do the rear ones. It took me just over that hour/45 minutes making me late to work haha. That was 2 full coats and like half a third/masking/cleaning on both sides.....and i ate lunch for 10 minutes also. This was the duplicolor caliper painting kit...like 16 bux, and plenty of paint. I painted 4 calipers and didnt even use half the can.

anyway...heres some pictures

Old 09-03-2007, 07:45 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Productive day....

I need to get some of those pedals ... nice. I also painted my calipers red today as well .. and didn't even use half the can of paint from the Duplicolor kit.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

I liked the look with the side stripe. Now there's nearly too much red.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:43 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Your car just keeps getting better and better....Looks great. You have done a lot of good work. The pedals are a great deal. Had mine on for some time. Yes, they are the same ones Ford uses...Cannot beat em for 36 bucks....

Congrats, and nice job!!

Mike
Old 09-03-2007, 09:46 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

looks really good dude
Old 09-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Nonstop, you need a chin spoiler.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:22 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Very nice...
Old 09-03-2007, 10:35 PM
kuli
1st Gear Member

I think it looks great. I am glad u decided to take the side stripe off.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:51 PM
06jalmustang

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

Nonstop, you need a chin spoiler.

Thats funnyI was thinking the same thing. I think your car looks great and I love the rear bumper.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

nice, i painted my calipers two days ago, got it from a friend who painted his and had some paint left, i think there is still a little more than half a can left, and he used three coats on his, and those pedals look nice, i think i might get some...

Quick Reply: Productive day....