Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual Exhaust for a V6

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dual Exhaust for a V6

never thought about just going with GT factory dual exhaust...I like the idea because I'm guessing it would sound/perform better than most aftermarket systems. I don't want a ton of rumble but I want something peppier than stock V6. May also be cheaper than aftermarket too. Anyone have ideas on the pricing or if I could possibly get a Ford dealership to do this? or would I have to take it to a custom place?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:34 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Natalya,

Looks great!

I like the 245 badge.

I put 2 on my pony, in the general location Ford put engine badges in 1970.

Duals make a Mustang look so much better!!

SOHC
Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 PM
JimC

ORIGINAL: optras

never thought about just going with GT factory dual exhaust...I like the idea because I'm guessing it would sound/perform better than most aftermarket systems. I don't want a ton of rumble but I want something peppier than stock V6. May also be cheaper than aftermarket too. Anyone have ideas on the pricing or if I could possibly get a Ford dealership to do this? or would I have to take it to a custom place?
I don't know where Natalya picked up the system, but I bought mine off Ebay, you can buy the mid pipes, h or x pipe, and GT mufflers fairly reasonably. You also have to pick up 2 hangers for the second muffler. The local shop said they think it will take them an hour this Saturday and will charge me $70.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Natalya[AF]
1st Gear Member

@optras:
"
never thought about just going with GT factory dual exhaust...I like the idea because I'm guessing it would sound/perform better than most aftermarket systems. I don't want a ton of rumble but I want something peppier than stock V6. May also be cheaper than aftermarket too. Anyone have ideas on the pricing or if I could possibly get a Ford dealership to do this? or would I have to take it to a custom place?"

This place called Cherokee Tire did it for me. If you're in North Georgia, look them up I guess...

Anyway, the guy had 2 GT Exhaust systems left over from something, but they both had less than 500 miles on them, so he put a set on my car for $225 (labour and parts) but I had to supply the muffler hangers. I ordered the muffler hangers from a Ford dealership at $85 for a pair, so i think I got ripped there, but in any case... $310 for dual exhaust? I think that's a pretty good deal over all.

I don't know if you could get a Ford dealership to do it for you, but I'm sure they'd sell you the parts, though I'd expect them to be expensive, especially when looking at the cost for a pair of muffler hangars... >_>

Well, since my last post I've done some driving. I'm consistently getting 2.5--3.0 miles per gallon more, and I'm noticing it's easier to accelerate. The car sounds meaner, but when you get into the high revs it doesn't drone like other people have complained about some aftermarket exhausts. It definitely sounds more like you're driving a muscle car. I'll put up a sound clip in the next day or so.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:01 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

You are rigth, dual looks cooler. I just got mine too and I have the Flowmaster Super 44s with 4 inch tips.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:13 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

thanks for all the help, guys. I'm looking into it now. I'm in Eastern Maryland so I probably won't be taking a drive to Georgia, but thanks for the tip regardless.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:21 AM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Did you put differen't tips on your GT takeoff?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Natalya[AF]
1st Gear Member

No, those are ones he had. I'm gonna get a set of custom tips once I find a good pair. Any suggestions?
Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I would leave them. They look good, those are the same ones I have, the chrome appearance package or something like that. It is an options for the GT's.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

what about anti-Osama stickers while you're at it? there are plenty of other characters in this world to hate on. also, think about tinting your windows. it will look wicked on your balck stang.

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust for a V6