Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dual Exhaust for a V6

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:55 PM
optras
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dual Exhaust for a V6

ORIGINAL: angera

ORIGINAL: optras

I've got the one GT takeoff on my car now, the other will be put on when I get the rest of the stuff I need. To convert to duals, you basically need two mufflers (hence the GT takeoffs) that are pretty easy to come by. I put out a wanted listing on craig's list and got a reply from someone in 3 days. Paid no shipping and the guy wanted to get rid of them, so I got them for $60 for the pair. Then after that, you need two midpipes and either an X-Pipe or an H-Pipe and two brackets for the new muffler. Pypes makes a good kit, along with other companies, they're all pretty similar. I'll probably buy the Pypes kit. http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Exhaust.htm you want the Pypes Performance 2005 + V6 X-Pipe and Mid Pipes. You can also get it done cheaper by having a shop fabricate the pipes themselves, but from what I hear, it sounds/performs better to do it with the kits, despite the cost. After that, you basically bring all the parts to a shop and they'll install it for between $100 and $200 depending on region/time taken etc.Total cost is somewhere around $500. That's pretty much it, hope that helped someone.
Thank you for the informative reply. By GT takeoff, do you mean it was "taken off" of a GT or is that a specific brand or type?

Sorry for the stupid questions, I am a clueless newb [sm=imsorry.gif]
yeah, they just take them off to put aftermarket ones on their GT's. They even have the Ford logo stamped on the mufflers.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:55 PM
damquick1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mtnpunk91

I just bought the V6 Pypes Mid-Muffler kit from BlueOvalIndustries.

$399 + $50 S/H (Virginia to California)

I should be getting it by the end of next week and will probably have it installed the week after since I'm busy with work, etc.

I'll try and borrow a friends video camera so I can record a sound clip for you guys. I've had a hell of a time finding one for the V6! Seems all the clips of the mid-mufflers I findare GT's.
You should have shopped around...lethalperformance.com had them for $299 shipped, just put them on my GT frigging unreal, true late 60's early 70's musclecar sound!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:17 PM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: damquick1

ORIGINAL: mtnpunk91

I just bought the V6 Pypes Mid-Muffler kit from BlueOvalIndustries.

$399 + $50 S/H (Virginia to California)

I should be getting it by the end of next week and will probably have it installed the week after since I'm busy with work, etc.

I'll try and borrow a friends video camera so I can record a sound clip for you guys. I've had a hell of a time finding one for the V6! Seems all the clips of the mid-mufflers I findare GT's.
You should have shopped around...lethalperformance.com had them for $299 shipped, just put them on my GT frigging unreal, true late 60's early 70's musclecar sound!
I did shop around.

You should probably get your info right next time.

I just checked lethalperformance.com and it's exactly as I suspected.

You are talking about Pypes SFM66 which is the GT version. Get that- GT? NOT V6. That one is $299 as you said.

If you went and looked at the V6 page you would see that they only offer SFM65 and SFM68 which is NOT what I purchased. Those arent even MID-MUFFLERS systems, they're catback systems. I bought SFM69 which is the complete V6 Mid-Muffler kit.

So, in conclusion - SFM69 is not offered where you said it is so I did just fine with my purchase. Because if you did look around you'd find that virtually no place offers the SFM69 system other than Pypes, RPM Outlet and BlueOvalIndustries. S**t, even American Muscle doesn't sell the V6 - only the GT.

PS: Pypes sells SFM69 for $540 (not including s&h) and RPM Outlet has it listed for $349.95 (not including s&h). Sure I could have saved $50 at RPM but they are F-ups of the highest orders so I stayed way clear of them.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Stang Girl13
1st Gear Member

Just do a Google search there a lot places that sell new take off parts.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:33 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Pypes dual exhaust with X-Pipe FTW!!!

I like the GT/CS bumper the best...I'll be getting that when I do the duals
Old 09-24-2007, 11:17 PM
jrudolph

I just put on dual GT takeoffs. They look great and soung good. My engine idle dropped a little, I suspect from less restriction from the exhaust. Anyone else notice this. Its no big deal, shakes a little at a light. Would a flash tuner be able to correct this?
Old 09-25-2007, 01:54 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrudolph

I just put on dual GT takeoffs. They look great and soung good. My engine idle dropped a little, I suspect from less restriction from the exhaust. Anyone else notice this. Its no big deal, shakes a little at a light. Would a flash tuner be able to correct this?
Did you go with H or X pipes?
Nope, haven't noticed any difference in the idle or any shaking.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
jrudolph

Just cut into the stock pipe behind the convertor and welded in a new drivers side pipe.