Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I'm in, first mod ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Surf Bum

Default I'm in, first mod ordered!

Well I finally placed the order for my first real mod, C&L intake/XCAL II w/ Brenspeed tune. I'm so amped I washed and waxed my car this weekend and changed the oil (royal purple) in preparation for the big day. I could swear my car is faster already...
Old 09-10-2007, 03:13 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm in, first mod ordered!

ORIGINAL: Surf Bum

Well I finally placed the order for my first real mod, C&L intake/XCAL II w/ Brenspeed tune. I'm so amped I washed and waxed my car this weekend and changed the oil (royal purple) in preparation for the big day. I could swear my car is faster already...
Good choice for the first mod. I also added a CLT intake and XCAL II to my 2006 V6 Auto Tungsten Grey coupe. The only thing I worry about is if something goes wrong with the car and I have to take it to the dealer for warranty repairs I will have to remove the intake and the tune. They might void my warranty if they see the tune and cai.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

dont worry.....the intake wont void anything, just having the tune will, but before you bring it to the dealership reflash it back to stock and it will appear as a reset on the logging, which happens when you undo the battery cable anyway.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:15 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

You wont be dissapointed.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:20 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

watch out for the mod bug..haha. congrats on your first mod though. you'll love it
Old 09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Oh and dont try running ur car with the C&L on with out the tune.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

dont worry.....the intake wont void anything, just having the tune will, but before you bring it to the dealership reflash it back to stock and it will appear as a reset on the logging, which happens when you undo the battery cable anyway.
umm if you reflash it back to stock you must put stock air intake back on or you will be making things worse
Old 09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

yep
Old 09-10-2007, 07:17 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

let us know if your C&L comes with a "NO TUNE" optional insert. C&L's site talks about it coming with all v6 systems. seems to be an important option as it will allow you to return your car to the factory tune without having to remove the entire intake if you plan on taking it in to the dealership for warranty work.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Surf Bum

I'll check on the "no tune" insert for the intake. I hope it has it so I don't have to remove the whole thing for service. If I do, so what, from the sound of it, it's worth the effort. Now I'm already thinking about what exhaust to get...

Quick Reply: I'm in, first mod ordered!