Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My New Ride!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Meda Raines

Default RE: My New Ride!

I didn't pay for the PP price, the parts I didn't want was discounted off.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Charlie321

Nice car, man, but I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that they actually removed the grill, fog lamp switch (which is missing in your pics), tape stripe, sway bars (also missing in the rear views of the car), bullits, and fender badges in exchange for a discount? It seems like the labor alone to remove all of that would be worth more than any discount. I don't know why the dealer would agree to that.
There's also no holes in the front fenders for those badges. Aren't they peg mounted into drilled holes? And why would someone not want the sway bar if they're into performance mods? I'm not sure I buy this story. Though why anyone would lie about something like this is also beyond reasoning. Something just feels hinky.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

Nice car, man, but I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that they actually removed the grill, fog lamp switch (which is missing in your pics), tape stripe, sway bars (also missing in the rear views of the car), bullits, and fender badges in exchange for a discount? It seems like the labor alone to remove all of that would be worth more than any discount. I don't know why the dealer would agree to that.
There's also no holes in the front fenders for those badges. Aren't they peg mounted into drilled holes? And why would someone not want the sway bar if they're into performance mods? I'm not sure I buy this story. Though why anyone would lie about something like this is also beyond reasoning. Something just feels hinky.
Right. Also, why would they go to the trouble of swapping out the fog lamp-enabled switch (which says "Pull" in the nine o'clock position; the one in the pic doesn't). The only reason to do that would be if you also plan to salvage the wiring and harnesses, but then you're into more labor costs than the parts are worth, so why bother?
Old 09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I think that person got a Premium V6 but was told it was a Pony Package.

I'm looking in my 2007 Mustang Brochure right now.....V6 Premium in addition to V6 Deluxe comes with;
* Shaker 500 Audio System with 6-disc in dash CD Changer. 8 Speakers and MP3 capability.
* 6 way power driver's seat with power lumber
*16" bright machined-aluminum wheels with chrome spinners.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:22 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

+1; this guy is either BS'ing or he got taken.
ORIGINAL: ArcticFrog

Old 09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Dude ... that is not a pony package car .... either you are BS'ing ... or got BS'ed at the dealer. Like the others have said .... The dealer would have had to remove the upper and lower grill and replace with standard V6, pull out all the wiring and swap out your Pony headlight switch for a standard one. Plus weld the fender holes closed and paint to match ...

More than likely the Dealer just did a locate and found a V6 Premium in the same color you wanted.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:50 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Look at my car in the signature....THAT is a Pony Package.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

07 Stang....thats not a pony package.

haha. just kidding bro.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:36 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Dennis, 07 Stang is not a bro... LOL. Her name is Sandy.

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

07 Stang....thats not a pony package.

haha. just kidding bro.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:25 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Welcome, great looking car and mods look like plans are in the works, stay away from the throttle body thou, no gains....

Quick Reply: My New Ride!