Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can someone help a girl out??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Default RE: Can someone help a girl out??

I love the look of my PP i thought that without it it looked sorta plain, but go to the dealership and tell them what you want and if they "cant" get you what you want keep looking
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Rdot9, I love the look of your stang.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07lane40

the handling is not sloppy on non-pony package stangs. besides the grille and two symbols on the side of the car there is really no difference when you can put on aftermarket swaybars which are heavier duty for around 350-450 bucks. and the PP is like 2000 extra. handling is not that much different, ive driven both and couldnt tell a difference. the PP is for looks, and hey if you like is go for it. alotta people like them. but dont say the PP is dramatically better than a base model performance-wise. cause its not.
the pony package is NOT $2000 extra on the 07's. It is $750 and comes with 17" rims, tape stripe, sway bars, floor mats with mustang on them, and pony center caps. I just got that off my window sticker. For the previous year it was something like $2000 because it also included ABS/Traction control which is not included on teh 07 package. So for $750 you get a lot, especially when you are considering this is factory stuff, it is usually WAY overpriced. I would have spent more than $750 to upgrade my rims w/tires and with sway bars. I like the pony package and recommend it, but as others have said it is best to test drive both and decide if you want it.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:43 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

I test drove a regular V6 while I was waiting for the dealer to find me a Pony Package (I wanted that retro grill!). I definitely felt like the base v6 was sluggish compared to the PPv6. I hadn't driven any newer mustang before driving that one and my comment while driving was 'I hope the PP version of this doesn't drivethis badbecause if it does I'm not buying it". It wasslow to accelerateand mushy.To be fair, the base v6 I drove was also an automatic and I wanted (and got) amanual. That alone can show a difference in acceleration andpep but the added suspension in the PP was also apparent to me as well in a test drive comparison.

When I bought my car, I didn't give myself the option of buying a GT due to financial constraints soif therehadn't been a PP optionI probably wouldn't be driving the stang I have today....so thank God for the PP because I love my redfire girl!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:03 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

oh and you get upgraded wheels in the PP too... but you can add those on through the Dealership, or just go aftermarket. whichever you prefer.
Right, but if you add up all the things that are included on the Pony Package, it's a great deal. Sometimes Ford has incentives where you get the Pony Package for Free......to me that is a no brainer!

When I bought my Mustang I was really going to the dealer for a Truck/Van for my business. After purchasing the truck I asked if he had an '07 Vista Blue, PP, IUP, with 5-speed. He looked on his computer and only one showed up.....a dealer make over with dual exhaust and a hefty price tag. I said no, I don't want that. He called over to their other store and said one like I wanted just arrived on a car carrier. The rest is history. Be persistent about what you want.....don't let them decide for you.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

the handling is not sloppy on non-pony package stangs. besides the grille and two symbols on the side of the car there is really no difference when you can put on aftermarket swaybars which are heavier duty for around 350-450 bucks. and the PP is like 2000 extra. handling is not that much different, ive driven both and couldnt tell a difference. the PP is for looks, and hey if you like is go for it. alotta people like them. but dont say the PP is dramatically better than a base model performance-wise. cause its not.
The Pony Package is $750.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

The Pony Pack is totally worth every penny. You can do the same mods yourself if you get a non-Pony Pack Mustang but it'll end up costing you way more. I'd definitely say go for it. But do make sure you look around first and decide what it is you want, then drive it to make sure you like it. The only thing I regret is not getting a manual transmission, but as an automatic it drivesvery well anyway.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:25 PM
dmark

I am in NC. I almost bought a Pony Package V6 but decided to get a regular premium. Here is a sticker from where I purchased mine in Mooresville, NC - if you are coming from Clemson you drive to Charlotte through I-77 and Mooresville is 30 min North of Charlotte. They sold to me at invoice and I negiotiated for the applicable rebates at the time. Invoice on the below model will be somewhere around $22-$23K. You could go cheaper by getting a manual without all the options below except the Pony Package. Also, if you are at Clemson - you should get a $500 college student rebate - sometimes stealerships will not tell you about this and they will keep this. EDMUNDS is a good website to see the invoice prices for the mustang and all options.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang/2008/index.html

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/ford...12/prices.html

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/ford...11/prices.html

Vehicle Description

VIN1ZVHT80N085101958

MUSTANG
2008V6 COUPE PREM
4.0L SOHC V6 ENGINE
5-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION

Exterior
VAPOR CLEARCOAT METALLIC
Interior
LIGHT GRAPHITE LEATHER TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS

Standard EquipmentINCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR
. 16" BRIGHT MACHINED WHEELS W/CHROME SPINNER
. P215/65R/R16 TIRES
. STAINLESS STEEL SINGLE EXH
. DUAL POWER MIRRORS
. VARIABLE INTERVAL WIPERS
. REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER
INTERIOR
. AIR CONDITIONING
. SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM AM/FM W/ CDX6 & MP3
. AUXILIARY AUDIO INPUT JACK
. CLOTH FRONT BUCKET SEATS
. POWER 6-WAY DRIVERS SEAT
. SPLIT FOLD REAR SEAT
. CENTER CONSOLE W/ARMREST
. SPEED CONTROL/TILT WHEEL

. POWER DOOR LOCKS & WINDOWS
. DUAL VANITY MIRRORS
FUNCTIONAL
. BRAKES, POWER 4-WHEEL DISC
. POWER RACK PINION STEERING
. POWER POINTS (2)
SAFETY/SECURITY
. AIR BAGS, DRIV/FRONT PASS
. SIDE-MOUNTED AIRBAGS DRIVER & FRONT PASS SEATS
. FRONT/REAR OUTBOARD THREE POINT SHOULDER/LAP BELTS
. 24 HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
. SECURILOCK
. REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
WARRANTY
. 3YR/36000 BUMPER TO BUMPER
. 5YR/60,000 POWERTRAIN
. 5YR/60,000 ROADSIDE ASSIST

Price Information
MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE
$20,480

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 120A-PREM COUPE
3.31 RATIO REGULAR AXLE
16" BRIGHT MACHINED CAST AL
SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM
AM/FM STEREO/6-CD IN DASH/M
POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT
MANUAL AIR CONDITIONING

Optional Equipment

2008 MODEL YEAR

VAPOR CLEARCOAT METALLIC

LIGHT GRAPHITE LEATHER

.4.0L SOHC V6 ENGINE

5-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION

V6 PONY PACKAGE

.P235/55/ZR17 A/S TIRE

.BLACK TAPE STRIPE

.FRT FLOOR MATS MUSTANG LOGO

.V6 REAR DECKLID SPOILER

.PONY TAPE STRIPE

.17" PREMIUM PAINTED CAST ALUM

.PONY CENTER CAP

INTERIOR SPORT APPEARANCE PKG

SAFETY PACKAGE

.ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM

.WHEEL LOCKING KIT

.ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

.TRACTION CONTROL

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC

HID HEADLAMPS

LEATHER TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS

AMBIENT LIGHTING

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS

DESTINATION & DELIVERY

TOTAL MSRP
$26,020.00

Old 09-12-2007, 09:35 PM
dmark

Fairway Ford in Anderson should give you a killer deal on this 2007

Get this: You should get $1,500 rebate in customer cash since it is a 2007, plus $500 for college student

The invoice price on this should be $19,500 - now with $2,000 in rebates you are looking at $17,500 for the car:

Vehicle Description

VIN1ZVFT80N075367924

MUSTANG
2007V6 COUPE PREM
4.0L SOHC V6 ENGINE
5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

Exterior
BLACK CLEARCOAT
Interior
DARK CHARCOAL CLOTH BUCKET SEATS

Standard EquipmentINCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR
. 16" BRIGHT MACHINED WHEELS W/CHROME SPINNER
. P215/65R/R16 TIRES
. STAINLESS STEEL SINGLE EXH
. DUAL POWER MIRRORS
. VARIABLE INTERVAL WIPERS
. REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER
INTERIOR
. AIR CONDITIONING
. SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM AM/FM W/ CDX6 & MP3
. AUXILIARY AUDIO INPUT JACK
. CLOTH FRONT BUCKET SEATS
. POWER 6-WAY DRIVERS SEAT
. SPLIT FOLD REAR SEAT
. CENTER CONSOLE W/ARMREST
. SPEED CONTROL/TILT WHEEL

. POWER DOOR LOCKS & WINDOWS
. DUAL VANITY MIRRORS
FUNCTIONAL
. BRAKES, POWER 4-WHEEL DISC
. POWER RACK PINION STEERING
. POWER POINTS (2)
SAFETY/SECURITY
. AIR BAGS, DRIV/FRONT PASS
. FRONT/REAR OUTBOARD THREE POINT SHOULDER/LAP BELTS
. 24 HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE
. SECURILOCK
. REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY
WARRANTY
. 3YR/36000 BUMPER TO BUMPER
. 5YR/60,000 POWERTRAIN
. 5YR/60,000 ROADSIDE ASSIST

Price Information
MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE
$20,245

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 120A-PREM COUPE
SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM
DRIVER & PASSENGER AIR BAGS
POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT
MANUAL AIR CONDITIONING

Optional Equipment

2007 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

DARK CHARCOAL CLOTH

.4.0L SOHC V6 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

.P215/65/R16 A/S TIRE

JOB #2 ORDER

INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE

CHARCOAL ALUMINUM PANEL

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC

CHROME SPINNER WHEEL CAP

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS

DESTINATION & DELIVERY

TOTAL MSRP
$21,645.00

Old 09-12-2007, 09:46 PM
sliek0722
2nd Gear Member

Look, I can save you thousands of dollars. Whether you want to take my advice and listen to me to save those thousands is up to you. But me, I can think of several things I'd like to spend $4000+ on rather than giving it to a greedy car dealership.

I just bought a 2006 torch red mustang WITH pony package, manual transmission, premium model, 26k miles on it. The car is still under warranty. How much did I pay for it? Well there was a redfire pony package 2006 car on the lot (basically the same exact car) at Universal Ford, 10 minutes from where I live, with 2k MORE miles on it for $18,500..... with the BS $299 dealer processing fee and other random BS charges they tack on, it would've been over $19k out the door.

I paid $14,500 for mine. My payment is $166 a month for 60 months. Here's how I did it.

First I went online to www.cars.com, put in year range 2006-2007 with a max price of $16,000 within a 500 mile radius (more on this). Hundreds of results came up giving me plenty of options.

Second, I sifted through the colors and options I wanted/didn't want and sent out several emails to sellers on the ones that I liked. I offered $14,000. I got several responses and acceptances but the nicest one was the torch red pony package and the seller said $14,500 was the lowest he'd take (he listed it at 16k) since that was the payoff of the car. We negotiated and agreed on the price. Turns out he lived in Ohio which is a great deal of distance away from me in Virginia.

Third I went online to www.capitaloneautofinance.com, filled out a loan application and was approved for a car loan within 5 minutes. They overnighted me a blank check in which I filled out for whatever loan amount I wanted to take out and the monthly payment was calculated accordingly.

Fourth, I called the seller after we agreed on the price and set a date and time which was convienient for the both of us for me to come and get the car. I went to www.expedia.com, bought the cheapest one way airline ticket (which was USair) to Ohio. I flew out on a Saturday morning at 6am, got there at 10am, the seller met me at the airport, took us 10 minutes to do paperwork and I drove away. I got home at 7pm that night. You would normally spend an entire day at the dealership haggling and doing paperwork anyway. Oh yeah, I ended up giving him $7000 in cash and took out a loan for $7500 which made my payment only $166 a month.

Fifth, I put my 2002 mustang with 64k miles on craigslist and sold it in four days for $7500. I only expected to get $7000 but hey I now have $500 more in the bank. Note: The dealership was only gonna give me $4800 for it!!! NEVER TRADE YOUR CAR IN AT A DEALERSHIP. No matter how convenient it is. It is not worth the thousands you gain by selling it on your own, which is just as easy as trading it in believe it or not.

Sixth, I am now enjoying my practically brand new mustang at 1/3 the monthly payment that the average user on this forum is paying. Oh yeah, if you do this, make sure you carfax the VIN to check the history and verify that the car has a clean title.

Don't be impulsive when you go to a dealer lot to buy a car. Think about how many hours per week you work to make your money and how much longer you'd have to work to have an extra $4000-$6000 in your bank account.

Quick Reply: Can someone help a girl out??