Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

alarms system

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:28 PM
topnycdog

Default alarms system

I am curious about the alarm entry system. I seen someone use ther remote to enter their mustang. whenhe hitthe unlocked button, the headlights came on, Is this something that, all of them do, or something after market. I am taking minds in for a few minor things, and I think this is one of them. any help is appreciated...thanks to fellow mustang owners
Old 09-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: alarms system

on all that I have seen the lights come on for a short amount of time when you hit the unlock button. I am sure this is for when you are approaching you car in darkness. Does yours not turn on when you hit the unlock button?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Like Wicker said, I am pretty sure it's a feature all of them have.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:16 AM
topnycdog

No minds does nothing at all, no light turn on. I took it in to the shop today, to see what going on. when driver door is open, does not emitt a beep to let you know headlights or keys, or still left on, or in the ignition. does not shut off radio when driver door is open, alarm is not working at all, when door is open. driver window wont drop and half inch when open or close, try to reset it but nothing happen. now they trying to tell me it may not be cover under warranty....because i am the 2nd owner....only 17,000 miles on it. 2006 V6, nothing done as of yet to it.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:56 PM
luvrbcs
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like the dealer is blowing smoke up your butt. From what I understand, the warranty is transferable.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

36000 miles or 3 years bumper to bumper no matter how many owners.

50000 miles or 5 years on powertrain, 2007 models and up,and its transferable as well
Old 09-18-2007, 07:50 PM
topnycdog

I felt that, they still have it, and said all the problems are coming from the drivers door, so with luck i should be able to pick it up. but if they try to make me paid if anyone have some numbers i can call, i will be greatful, thanks for all the help..
Old 09-20-2007, 06:24 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

I just wonder if this couldnt be your body control module? I had a suburban in the shop yesterday with some of the same problems. Power locks wouldnt work, power seat wouldnt work, and remote lock wouldnt work. Although the power mirrors and windows did. The module is under passenger side kick panel easy to get to on a chevy, found one in a wreck and installed in 15 minutes and got it up and running again.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 AM
topnycdog

that exactly what it was, they went ahead an order the parts, should be ready tomorrow..
Old 09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

see I do know a lil about being a mechanic and troubleshooting

Quick Reply: alarms system