Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Demolet intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Default Demolet intake

finally ordered a different intake. ive decided to get rid of my MRT since it wont work with my programmer and its not really worth it to get a dyno tune with that one. so i orderd the demolet TI intake. how do you guys that have them like em? you hear so much about the c and l, how bout the demolet?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:21 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Demolet intake

I just got mine, coupled with B@M@ tunes, and I am very pleased so far. The stang felt like it was being held back before, like it had a lot more in it just waiting to be unleashed, and that's what the Demolet intake and tunes did. I am currently running the 91 torque tune (91 is as high as it gets here) and I love the low end power. Off the line performance is much-improved. Before I was sometimes worried about pulling up beside some souped-up little import, but now I say I EAT RICE FOR LUNCH lol. I'll switch to the Race tune tonight and take it for a spin and let you know if it feels any different and how so.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

whats the size of the MAF housing on this intake? its bigger than stock, right?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

yeah im not sure on the size tho, i think 75mm?
Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

thats what i have cameron. Best for the price as far as im concerned.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:32 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

77 mm MAF housing I believe
Old 09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

so, if you order that from tunableinduction.com do you get b@ma tunes with that preprogrammed? If i got an intake i'd rather get that with those tunes as oppose to a jlt from B@MA itself (Arent they virtually the same) which is like a hundred bucks more. I heard dougs tunes were really good though, and would want those, so whats the real story?
Old 09-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

well i already have a sct xcal 2 SF but that programmer doesnt support my intake, it makes the car run to lean. but when i bought the intake from TI without the tuner he said he will send me the TI tunes. but i think im just going to get one of justin at vmp's tunes.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

hmm well justin wont have tunes specific to that intake which'll proably not be optimal for it. I think your best bet is to get ones that are not general, but instead more specific to the intake which will in turn get more out of the intake.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:57 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

hmm well justin wont have tunes specific to that intake which'll proably not be optimal for it. I think your best bet is to get ones that are not general, but instead more specific to the intake which will in turn get more out of the intake.
well if the MAF housing is about 77mm then VMP's tunes may work since his custom VMP intake uses a 3" housing which equals about 76mm. i highly doubt justin or doug will have any problem creating a tune for you. from what i understand, the housing size is the main factor for them to whip you up something. This may be irrelevent but the diablo predator comes with specific tunes for the demolet, jlt, steeda and C&L intakes.

Quick Reply: Demolet intake